1966 Nimrod Americana tent trailer with 1985 canvas

Discussion in 'For Sale and Wanted' started by iouzilch, May 21, 2019.

1. iouzilch

iouzilch 1966 Nimrod Riviera & Americana

Located in Furlong, Pa 18925 - local pickup only.

Please see Craigslist ad for details and many pictures.
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/rvs/d/furlong-lightweight-camping-tent/6888210113.html

Updates May 16 2019 -Screen house canvas and screens are in rough shape but usable with some patching. The poles are all there. The zippers to attach to the tent are not compatible so would require an alternative attachment method (Grommets come to mind). See picture of one of two of the large bed cushions (Coleman) (76 inches by 72 inches) on an extension platform that I had previously made. NICE BIG BED!! I have tested the lights and they are working. Requires a one and 7/8 inch ball and has typical 4 connector plug for lights. I have MANY extra cushions from a Coleman camper that could be used to make several different layouts.

If you are looking for a basic lightweight camping trailer that can be pulled by a 4 cylinder vehicle then this might be just what you are looking for. Stop sleeping on the ground! I have pulled this trailer with a 4 Cyl. Honda Accord.
    This is a Nimrod Americana trailer with a main camper box measures 6.5 foot x 8 foot, and a bonus approx. 2x8 foot "bump out" window seat that adds room plus two slide out beds. trailer weighs about 750 - 800 Lbs. Plenty of windows with screens. Depending on size 2 people could sleep on each of the beds and several could sleep on the floor floor.
    The camper has been garage kept and the zippers and canvas are in excellent condition except a one quarter sized hole that mice chewed. This can easily be fixed with a glue-on canvas patch. Note - cushions were removed for photos.
    There are no cabinets, sink, stove or other amnesties. Customize for your needs. I have a PA Title in hand.
    The screen house is not in excellent condition see updates above.
    A travel cover, spare tire is included as well as some spare poles for the camper itself (I had purchased 2 of Nimrod trailers (one Riviera and this Americana).
    I have a good deal of cushions that are in good shape from a Coleman camper that I had planned to size to fit that are also included. There are enough to use for the two slideout beds and more. I do have the original bed "pads" which are in poor condition but certainly usable. You could add to the width of the window seat for additional comfortable sleeping area. This is ready to go camping!!

If interested please provide phone number (to hopefully eliminate scammers) and I will call you.
    Art

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

If only I had a place to store and work on it...... [:(]

Overland likes this.
  3. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

I'm trying to convince my parents to drive over from KC to get it from you. Mom grew up camping in a Nimrod. They put 7 people in it.

Overland likes this.
  4. Overland

Overland Active Member

I'm about an hour away from seller.. if i can be of assistance..

5. iouzilch

iouzilch 1966 Nimrod Riviera & Americana

Hi Overland,
    FYI -I used to live even closer to you in Levittown where Millcreek and Levittown Parkways crossed.

6. Overland

Overland Active Member

Small world.. StoneyBrook? I grew up in Kenwood behind Levittown shopping center.

7. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

They voted against it. Bummer. Good luck with your sale.

8. Ljb

Ljb New Member

We have a 1967 Nimrod Riviera that we’re planning on selling but have no idea of the value. Garage housed, one family owned, good condition, really hard to give up. Can I ask what you asked for yours? Craigslist ad is no longer available. Thanks.