1967 Cox Campsquire (looking for parts)

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Sativa, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Sativa

Sativa New Member

Hi, everyone!!
    New to the portal and new to vintage camper camping. Hubby and I got a '67 Cox Campsquire and are in the search of some hard to find parts.
    screen door
    screen room
    awning poles
    dinette

We plan to replace the canvas soon but using a tarp to prevent any of the patches from leaking as well as those spots we have yet to patch.

I uploaded the one photo on my laptop. I have more on my mac.

Attached Files:

jnc likes this.
  2. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Very cool camper! We have several members with vintage p'ups and (I'm guessing here) most are Cox. I'd venture the prediction that you're going to be making as much as you'll be able to find for sale unless you buy a whole 'nother camper. I built a new dinette for my p'up pretty easily; I can't imagine that it would be difficult for a vintage camper. Awning poles should be pretty easy with some aluminum tube or electrical conduit and the screen room should be doable for someone with a HD sewing machine and some skill. I'd have to have a pattern if I were to try it, but I'll bet one could build a screen door from aluminum stock and pop rivets that would be pretty functional.

Welcome to the Portal from SE Georgia! :)

Sativa likes this.
  3. rich2

rich2 Active Member

I have a '65 Campsquire, came bare bones from the factory, only benches and a table inside. The factory screen doors are as scarce as hens teeth, the previous owner made a door which replaces the factory screen door out of plywood, can send you pictures if you would like.

Sativa likes this.
  4. Sativa

Sativa New Member

5. Sativa

Sativa New Member

Pictures would be awesome