1977 Coleman Concord Pop Up Build

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Lucy FJ55, Sep 9, 2011.

1. samh

samh Campin'

YES! I thoroughly enjoy seeing that old Cruiser of yours with that trailer behind it. Awesome!

2. ljmartinez

ljmartinez https://goo.gl/photos/VxCC1k5UYZQ846iG8

Just wondering what the issue with FRP was? I need to do mine and was thinking of using that material but may not do that now.

3. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

How are your poles holding up? I used the same stuff on mine and they chip real easy :(

4. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

I apologize folks, I haven't checked on this thread in a bit...

samh- Thanks samh! I really dig your cruiser and pop up too of course!

MightyDesperado- Good question. I was also planning on using the FRP, but while doing research here I came across info that made my consider other options. Not sure if it's too late or if you've already rebuilt your roof, but do some more research on materials, adhesives, etc. and check out the thread below. [:D]

FRP Adhesive Failure Thread

Rhconcepts- Another good question. I wasn't expecting much, but they aren't scratching all that bad or easily thus far. I haven't used them much since painting them, but I'll update this thread after more time/use...

Cheers!

5. samh

samh Campin'

Most definitely!

6. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Never-ending build! Finally getting around to working on the pop-up this season. Dragged her out from her resting spot and set up in the driveway... +YZJR+I8QZmJKzAGHDLTpA.jpg

7. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

8. jnc

Is there any chance to replace the photo's that got lost in the PhotoBucket?

9. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Great Question. My typical response... This has been a slow project dragged over years and unfortunately the original links to the pics (pages 1-4) earlier in the thread were somehow broken. There was discussion about it all previously in the thread. I should have probably explained this again earlier for everyone's benefit. [:D]

Where we're at now...

I'm not paying a monthly fee for a Photobucket account, so those original links are broken. BUT WAIT! It seems the 'edit' function has been enabled for old posts on old threads. Back in the day, you could always edit your posts. Then one day the time allowed to edit a post was limited, and then then the post was eventually 'locked'- with no editing allowed. It now seems I may actually be able to edit those earlier posts again and perhaps add pics! Bit of a task, but let me see if I can find them, post them, etc.

Cheers,
    Carlos

jnc likes this.
  10. jnc

Sorry I missed that part of the tread. On these older treads I tend to skip a lot of the conversation while following the picture trail. The worst part is many of these folks no longer visit the Portal. Thanks for posting you build.

11. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

No worries at all! I'm still digging for the old pics. I have them on a hard drive somewhere...

12. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Soooo, I'm just gonna start posting... while I research/search and read, ask questions, post pics and try to gain advice, etc.

The Concord is usable, but lacks basic functions and creature comforts. Now that the roof doesn't leak when it rains, I feel I should address some of the original systems/items I have omitted. For instance, electricity. It would be nice to come back to the pup in the evening and just flip a switch and have interior light. It'd be nice if the exterior running and brake lights all worked too. For safety's sake, this is my current focus.

I also still need to tackle a hot water system, propane gas/furnace system, and it sure would be nice to have the gaucho seats, table and counter space back in the popup. For some reason I feel this is all necessary. Crazy huh?!

Pics to follow!

13. Pozi

Pozi Member

Photobucket really went to hell recently. I too had many photos linked to various forums and just general photos I wanted to retain. They disabled the ability to easily download your own album. There is a Chrome extension called Photobucket Album Downloader that will download all the files in your photobucket album. Easily download your photos. It costs like $2 but totally worth it.

14. jnc

This will work for your water heater because you dont really have room for a tank.

15. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Yep, bummed they started to charge for hosting, but it certainly makes sense and is no surprise at all. I have to get over it. [::)]

I'll check into the Album Downloader... thanks for the info! Cheers.

16. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Thanks for the link/idea. That is basically exactly what I am planning to set up for hot water for the pop up... have to purchase parts and figure out the install. I may end up getting a separate bath/shower/toilet tent for the portable water heater to take showers, clean up, do business, etc. :grin:

17. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Quick update...

Since it's now possible to edit posts from years ago (for a few years I don't think this was possible) I have begun to add pics back to the first several pages of this thread! It has always bothered me since the first pics disappeared, and it'd be nice to have the continuity in the thread with all the documented pics. I'll do my best, but this may take me a while to re-upload all the pics...

jnc likes this.
  18. Overland

Overland Active Member

Do some research on shower shelters, spend a few dollars more for something that'll hold up awhile.

You wont want the water heater source inside the shower. A shepards hook holding the heater at waist height, and perhaps elevating the fresh water container helps out a lot. These don't typically have pumps that will draw water from ground level to above head height and have much pressure left.

Nice 55.. ih8mud has a ton of info on onboard shower setups that might be a better fit for ya.

Lucy FJ55 likes this.
  19. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

Thanks for the shower advice! Still not sure exactly what we'll end up doing... Honestly, we haven't ever really needed a shower, but hot water on demand would be a great luxury in camp!

I love IH8MUD. Great site, been on there for years, but I usually only think of it for Cruiser stuff. Thanks for the reminder! Cheers.

20. Lucy FJ55

Lucy FJ55 Member

WOOOOT! I FIXED THE PICS!

Some of you may have noticed that the pics were missing for the first 5 pages or so of this thread... broken links from way back when.

Well, I was finally able to edit and re-upload all the pics from my old Photobucket account to the original posts in this thread. All posts should now be updated with the original pics! Now I can sleep at night... and get on with the real updates! [:D]