1978 rockwood 1006 roof rebuild

78tophand

Jul 5, 2010
I need help and information on 1978 rockwood 1006 roof replacement. It has seen its days. Has arready been resideboaded and endboarded once and need it again. I am thinking of raising the pitch and totaly replacing roof . The last person to repair roof screwed the side and end curtian rails all in at different heights so I need to know what the proper height is. i also need to know what the measurement is from top of aluminum rail on base is to bottom of rail on top read on one post that it is 43 inches can anyone confirm that. I am thinking of changing end boards from slanted to vertical for simplicity. am thinking of changing to a 12 inch end boards with a center height on the sideboards of 18 inches for more pitch for drainage.

newbiecamper

Apr 7, 2007
SE Minnesota
I would say that the height of the roof is not so much the issue when building a roof, but the location of the lift arm attachment point, as well as the channel for the canvas. But then I have never did a roof, but sadly enough i think one is in the future, at least new sideboards anyways.

78tophand

Jul 5, 2010
Yes I am aware that those measurements are important but since mine was allready modified I do not know what they are

S

starcrafty

OK, who has a '78 Rockwood 1006 that is open or openable right now?