1980 starcraft do i have surge brakes?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by swillotter, Aug 22, 2007.

1. swillotter

swillotter New Member

hi all i've got a 1980 starcraft, was wondering if this thing had surge brakes? how can i tell, thank you much. would love a link to a repair manual for this thing

2. jerkin

jerkin New Member

Just look to see if there's a master cylinder on the tongue somewhere or pull a wheel.

3. swillotter

swillotter New Member

thank you , yes there is a master cylinder on the tongue. surge brakes right? also this PUP has an 8 pole connector which nobody seems to have an adapter for to go to my 4 pole on my F-250. it has four holes on top and two holes and two pins on the bottom. wondering what i should do? i am thinking about just getting magnetic lights as that would be the easiest thing to do, i'm not to concerned about not having power inside as i don't have an electric water pump but i do need brake and turn signals, wondering if anyone had any ideas...thanks again

4. cruising usa

cruising usa New Member

I am no expert, however, I do not believe the 8 pin is available. I would consider converting to a 7 pin connector. That way if in the future you add a battery to the PU half the work is done for the charge line. Search the etrailer.com site for electrical wiring. You will find wiring diagrams to help with the wiring.
    Ken

Me 58,DW
    04 Starcraft 2409
    97 Ranger TV
    Ontario NY

Edited by - cruising usa on August 23 2007 11:10:37