1984 Starcraft lift cable

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Zorter, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Zorter

Zorter New Member

Hello, I have a 1984 Starmaster 21. The rear cable has broken at the "winch rod" where a set screw keeps the cable secured in to the rod while winding. The cable has a "bullet" or a slug on the end. Any help finding a replacement??? Starcraft is confused...are you?
    Thanks for any help...Mark.

2. kidlawyernj

kidlawyernj New Member

I just became the owner of a 1984 Starcraft 17' Starlite that has broken lift cables. I can't seem to find any source for manuals or schematics so that I can start to solve the problem. The wood under the skin is also rotted both front and back on the top cover-any hints on where I can get some advice for self repair or replacement. I was told by the seller that the canvas was in decent shape, but I's sure like to raise the top to find out! You can respond to this address or my main one- jsnider48@comcast.net- thank you- Jim

3. kidlawyernj

kidlawyernj New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
    Hello, I have a 1984 Starmaster 21. The rear cable has broken at the "winch rod" where a set screw keeps the cable secured in to the rod while winding. The cable has a "bullet" or a slug on the end. Any help finding a replacement??? Starcraft is confused...are you?
    Thanks for any help...Mark.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>Zorter- Rick Cathey was invaluable in the advice and help he and his staff gave me- I ordered replacement cables through his business. I also spoke to Starcraft who were helpful, but only if you have the VIN# so they can do a lookup for you. I have to replace wood at both ends of my top so I won't put the new cables in until that's done! I'm still looking for advice on that part of the project! Goodluck! Jim S. (kidlawyernj)

4. DonJacki

DonJacki New Member

i had raised our pop up with oneof the top clamp still unhooked . it broke the pulley section of frame . i welded that back on and it has stretched the cable so i heated up the led on the cable were it attaches to the tree were they all come to gether and pulled exess slack out of line and used a cable clamp that looks like a horse shoe with a nut on each side and a bar that slides up it only about as bit bigger than a quarter or so . that has worked and i dont worry about the lead clamp no more if it was crimped tight enough .

if a tree falls in the forest, and your at work how do you know it made noise.go campin more often you will hear it..