1986 Coleman Colorado

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by RedTee, Aug 14, 2020.

1. RedTee

RedTee New Member

2. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Active Member

Is the PVC extrusion the bunk edge seal that closes the gap between the bottom of the slide-out bunk and the top of the front wall of the box? That left to right bunk edge seal is the only extruded vinyl item "between the slides", if considering left and right as the pairs of slides, on mine. It also just hapens to be 6 feet wide to match the bunk and to match the description in the parts list.

However, the parts list does clearly list two, one for the left slide and one, an identical part number, for the right....
    The slide segment on the box top is 7 feet long, and the mating slide segment attached to the bunk is a bit over 5 feet. Neither matches the 6 foot part description.

My friend, Occam, convinces me
    a. there is one 6 foot extrusion used
    b. that it's used as a draft seal between the left and right slides, and
    c. that the duplication in the parts list is the error.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  3. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Active Member

Misled by Occam.
    I think I found the extruded PVC Slide that was the subject of Mulky's earlier post. There is a black plastic insert within the bunk slide extruded aluminum that would be a candidate for this mystery item. The supplied length of 6 feet would be cut to the 5ish foot length of the rail and held secure from sliding out of the upper rail by a bolt and nut. The bolt is inserted from below through the enlargement in the rail slot (see lower left of the image) The plastic insert would be symmetrical for use on either left or right rail. Colorado extrusion.jpg