1987 Chesapeake roof

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Hogeyphenogey, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Hogeyphenogey

Hogeyphenogey Member

Bought a Chesapeake with an aluminum roof that sags and has a crease with a small opening in the center of the crease. Is there a way to pop the top upwards? I really don’t want to rebuild the whole roof. If it comes to that I may sell. I put a piece of flex seal tape over the hole to prevent water leaks. I’m wondering about using some sort of reinforcement as well but I don’t want it to be heavy up there. Any help is appreciated

2. Jkoht

Jkoht Active Member

I'd tell you to make an additional bow sprit out of electrical conduit, or even pvc, but if your solution to a hole in the fabric is tape I don't know if you're up to the task.

3. Hogeyphenogey

Hogeyphenogey Member

Well, thanks? I’m not sure what you mean about a hole in the fabric. I have a crease in my roof with a small crack on a camper I just bought. While it’s in the driveway, I covered the small crack with flex seal to stop water intrusion while I’m looking for a solution to fix the whole roof but thanks for your constructive comment.

4. Hogeyphenogey

Hogeyphenogey Member

Has anyone redone or repaired an aluminum roof that can actually assist?

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Never done it but pictures of the roof in question may help. Hard to fix without knowing the extent of the bow. If its waterlogged allready, you will probably need to rebuild it.