1988 Coleman Columbia

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by JNevill325, May 29, 2014.

1. JNevill325

JNevill325 New Member

I joined a few weeks ago after we purchased our camper for $500. Look forward to getting a few things done. So far the site has been a great research / learning tool. I plan on adding some space on the tongue for extra storage and then just some general maintenance. Here are a few pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JNevill325

JNevill325 New Member

Here are my repairs needed pictures. I have already duct taped the tear and the zipper that has become un-stitched. Only other thing is some of the paneling near the ac end has a layer film(laminate?) peeling off. The paneling itself is study and shows no water damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

Very nice! Have fun with the repairs and upgrades!

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I do love those Coleman Columbia's [:D] Welcome to the forum :) Your daughter is a cutie :)

5. BillBlackett

BillBlackett Member

You got a pretty good deal there for $500!

6. JNevill325

JNevill325 New Member

Thanks. Got some new wheel chocks, and some lights this weekend. Also gonna drop it off at the welding shop for a good quote on lengthening the tongue.

7. Dulce de Leche

Dulce de Leche dog is my co-pilot

I can't wait to see the progress. We just finished most of our restoration, but still need to paint the exterior some time this summer. I hope you get the chance to see the photos I just loaded of our nearly-finished (but never truly finished, I'm sure) 88 Coleman Columbia. :)

8. JNevill325

JNevill325 New Member

Got a quote today for doing a vinyl wrap on the camper. $500 for whatever pattern I choose. The wife is trying to talk me into getting it wrapped in a leopard print. Not sure how I feel about that. I think I could handle a Zebra print(khaki & black not black & white)but not so sure the leopard would work for me.

9. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Not feelin' the leopard print....but if momma ain't happy.....just sayin. [:!]
    BEAR

10. Cheaha

Cheaha New Member

Did you do the vinyl wrap? I was thinking about doing that to my PUP. If you did will you please post some pictures? I am curious to see how it works with the openings. Thanks!