1991 Coleman Newport $1000?

Dunkles

Apr 5, 2011
We planning to purchase our first PUP, a 1991 Coleman Newport. Checked it out and the canvas needs replacing but structurally everything looks sound. Needs a good cleaning but the cushions, curtains etc all look good, floor is solid, etc (I went through the checklist listed elsewhere at the forum.) Knowing that we're going to spend between $825 - $900 on new canvas, is $1000 a decent price for this trailer? The demand for PUPS in our area is really high and we're on a somewhat limited budget. Thanks!

Hacksaw

Super Active Member
Aug 23, 2009
I would guess that Cost for new canvas will be around $1000 shipped.If you plan on keeping it for a long time then $2k invested might not be that bad especially if they are hard to come by in your area.Usually around me late 80's early 90's Colemans are in the $700-$900 range not needing complete canvas replacement.

cwolfman13

Super Active Member
Feb 9, 2011
I would say that you are probably not getting a "deal" or a "steal" at $1K, but it doesn't sound like a rip either. Is $1K the asking price or the price you are considering to offer?