1991 Skamper Roof middle seam touch up

Willy5050

Aug 25, 2019
I recently noticed that the seam that connects the 2 aluminum roof halves is looking like it’s opened up. So far no obvious damage inside but probably not for long. Does anyone have a specific product that could address this besides silicone?
Thx!!

Arruba

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
Whatever you choose, I’d suggest something that will stay flexible over time and a wide range of hot/cold temps. The RV shop where I get stuff recommended Proflex the last I did an overall seam/joint touch up. Seem to be working well so far. When I cleaned up the flaking and loose sealant on my trailers roof joint the first time, straight up silicone appeared to be what the mfg used. Then again, my trailers pretty old and sealants have advanced. What I do recommend is covering the joint with Eternabond tape. My shop has it in different widths, and I’d guess Amazon does too. I’ve used it repeatedly, and IMO it does what it’s supposed to well.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I would use Eternabond tape with Dicor self-leveling caulk on the edges of the tape.

I recommend the Dicor, because while Eternabond is great product, I have seen it fail.