1994 coleman pioneer Chesapeake sunbrella????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Roxygrrl, May 20, 2015.

1. Roxygrrl

Roxygrrl New Member

Hi!!

Newbie, I Was given a free camper... (Well two to be exact but that's a different story) trying to find out if this is sunbrella canvas? As I read you need to use different or gentle stuff when cleaning it. Thank you!!!

Attached Files:

2. bropaul

bropaul New Member

I thought so but checked out the '94 brochure ... it is Sunbrella. At that time it was made exclusively for Coleman. Sunbrella is a synthetic fabric vs. canvas which is made of cotton. (Any older camper with tenting that is a tan color will be canvas.) In either case, once it is cleaned (and definitely when that old) it will need to be re-waterproofed.

Diane

3. Roxygrrl

Roxygrrl New Member

Thank you Diane!!!

I was pretty sure it was too but I'm new in everyway so I just wanted to be sure! Anything you recommend for waterproofing products?? Also who has cleaned one before? Suggestions? I heard woolite?

4. mdigby

mdigby New Member

5. bropaul

bropaul New Member

Roxy, multiple threads are on here for cleaning Sunbrella or canvas. To the left, below your User Info is a "Quick Forum Search". Type in "cleaning Sunbrella" and then click 'search", a ton of discussion threads will come up. I was going to just tell you they recommend "303" but there is so much more information there, I thought you should check it out.

Also a great help (to me anyway) is checking the "Owner's Manuals" section. I find the brochures usually will tell me what I need to know vs. reading through all details in the actual owner's manuals. That is where I confirmed that your '94 was definitely Sunbrella. [:D]

Diane

6. Aleeman27

Aleeman27 New Member

I just purchased a 94 chesapeake a few days ago. I had it up and was cleaning it and happened to notice a random tag on the canvas in the corner on the ceiling. Come to find out it said sunbrella! Of course I found this after I spent 3hrs cleaning the exterior. Now I know for next time I go to clean it can use proper process. Just have to be sure to read waterproof after each cleaning. I'm going to use the scotch guard that's specifically for pop ups and tents. Did know it existed until I found a half used bottle under the table seats. Good luck with yours! I may need it with mine! Haha