1994 Sunlite eclipse 1600

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by breeze785, Nov 25, 2016.

1. breeze785

breeze785 New Member

Hi all!

Proud owner of my first camper sunlite eclipse 1600 ws hybrid.

The roof was completely rotten when I bought it. For the last few months I've redesigned and rebuilt the roof from scratch with extra insulation and a slight slope to the roof to shed water.

I've got the roof back on, a.c. on and wired all the lights and trim and whatnot up and wired but I'm stuck on the door.

It's been so long I can't remember how the top portion of the door mounts up to the camper. I've tried searching around and can't really find anything.

Does anyone else on here own this camper could maybe post a pic of how the door mounts up on the inside??

Would be greatly appreciated and my family could enjoy the last nice weekend of the season.. Thanks guys!

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Show us a photo of what you've got, someone here will figure it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. breeze785

breeze785 New Member

Thanks for the reply beecoach!

My [NEON] is down at my shop right now, as soon as I get a spare minute I'll go down and take some pictures to post.

4. breeze785

breeze785 New Member

Attached Files:

5. breeze785

breeze785 New Member

Sorry I was going to post a description but my phone died.

The roof of the camper pops up about 3 feet, when it's down the top portion of the door swings out of the way and is velcroed to the ceiling.

When it's up the door swings down, locks into the lower portion, and the canvas is velcroed around it.

There are 5 holes in the canvas that line up with the screw holes in the piano hinge for the door but I cant imagine it was just screwed to the canvas like that and I dont have any other hardware that seems like it goes with.

6. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

yes, PLEASE post pics, cause the first hybrid came out in 1998.
    R-Vision basically invented the hybrid.

so, i can't believe that your 1994 Sun Lite is a hybrid. :huh:

7. R00

R00 Active Member

Not what you're thinking of. The SL Eclipse was a hardside trailer with a pop-up top.

8. breeze785

breeze785 New Member

It is a hybrid, a hardside trailer that combines elements of a pop up and a tt... I will post pics but the question is not whether it's a hybrid of not but how to mount the door to the canvas and not rip it