1995 Coleman/Fleetwood Arcadia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wayne 95 Arcadia, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Wayne 95 Arcadia

Wayne 95 Arcadia New Member

Ok so, I'm 48, live in Riverside, CA, bought my first popup camper here this past Monday. Have to say, SO EXCITED. Yes it's an older model and it's a bit of a fixer upper, however, I LOVE IT. It may not be brand new but it's mine/ours (my girlfriend and myself).

Anyhow, we bought the Arcadia in order to get away this summer and then again next summer. June 24th we embark again from Southern California to Montana. My girlfriend was born and raised in Butte, so she's like having a local around. I'm an avid photographer so, Montana is a perfect place to be with camera in hand. I also, at one time, was an avid fisherman. Until the past few years (once I became an RN), I pretty much didn't have time to even go on fishing trips. All that is now about to change with the tent trailer. Next summer we're planning on going back to see my battle buddy from the Army and go to cocoa beach and Disneyworld on a nice long drive for two weeks. In between, since we have it, and the local mountains of Big Bear are at our doorsteps, I can forsee us going on some bi-monthly camping trips, or even trips up to Red Mountain off of Hwy 395 for some astro-photography sessions at night.

Despite loving the idea that I now actually own a tent trailer and can go camping at a moments notice, there's a couple of things I don't like about my newly procured tent trailer.

Hence my question to pose this set of boards, are the galley's capable of being either completely ripped out and replaced with a newer version? Or can we re-vamp them into a more modern style? I'm not opposed to my sink and 3 burner stove, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice to have an addition of a small microwave, small refer and a small oven for convenience. Anyone know if this is possible or where to go to get an estimate as to cost?

-Wayne.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. All of which can be added. They do make a three way fridges for popups but they are $$$ and hook up to your propane lines. The microwave will not be able to operate on battery power so do keep that in mind. My old popup my mom brought a small dorm fridge and just put it on the counter. We didn’t dare modify the cabinets ourself. The microwave we just kept in the bench seat until we needed it. When mom stopped coming with me I ditched both as I do more camping off grid than on. I got into Dutch Iven cooking to get around the no oven thing in my popup. Some people just use a toaster oven on the counter again if you have hookups. Good luck with your mod and welcome from Northern Virginia.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Most things are possible with money, time, patience, determination, and prayer.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

Welcome from NY. Best to you in your new adventures!

5. F. Jake Glotz

F. Jake Glotz New Member

I don’t use the inside stove at all unless it is raining hard. I set up my cooking area outside using the outside stove, a Coleman 413E stove, a small table, and a Cordova (Made in Idaho) cooler. We still do dishes in the sink and put the drying rack in the stove lid.