1995 STARCRAFT STARFLYER REMODEL

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by robynbanks, Mar 5, 2013.

1. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

PLANNING ON REMOVING THE GALLEY ( I HAVE NEVER USED IT IN 3 YEARS) TO MAKE MORE SITTING AND STORAGE SPACE,AND REMOVING FRIG . I ALSO WANT TO TURN DINING BENCH TO GO ALONG WALL INSTEAD OF STICKING OUT INTO THE WALK SPACE. ANY IDEA'S?

2. nexus

nexus New Member

Hey - I am doing almost same thing. But I am not removing galley. I am keeping the galley as I use it alot, but have recessed the stove into the counter top and created covers that matches the countertop as panels that hide the stove and sink. If and when I need it, I simply lift off the panels and tuck them under a matress.

I am also taking my dinette and putting one bench agiast wall and butting it into the other to make a L sectional. Opens up that part of the trailer a lot. Also extending the one along the bunk an extra 24 inches. But, I had a lenghty convo with starcraft............depending on where your door is and trailer size, there is some structure issues you need to be aware of when changing the dinette.

3. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

hmmm thanks for the info, Ill have to look into that when moving the bench, what year is your model?

4. nexus

nexus New Member

1994 startstream, 12 foot box.

5. Boroviewfarm

Boroviewfarm Farmer marries veterinarian; now raises kids.

Nexus, do you have any pictures to share?

6. nexus

nexus New Member

I will. I am only a few steps ahead of you.

7. kat

kat New Member

Startin' on a Starcraft/Starflyer...1992, the lift cable on the back side is broke. How hard is this to do? I have vision for this pop up, but this is a first for me. Also the canvas is in pretty bad shape...o.k. good news the structure it self is great, pulls good, slides out easy. So, any advice will be so helpful....I camp with my family, but now I want to do more than they can do...I play bluegrass music & go to alot of festivals I would like to camp, & stay there. kat,