1996 Coleman sunvalley interior ceiling question

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Sergio M Baptista, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Sergio M Baptista

Sergio M Baptista New Member

so i have a 1996 Coleman sun valley popup . My interior Ceiling has a bunch of stress cracks and is sort of sagging (not to bad ,barley noticeable . The stress cracks and sagging is NOT due to water damage .. The ceiling in my popup is made of this pvc almost plastic material witch i believe is about 1/8 .. I would like to replace it the whole ceiling but the 1 thing that scares me is that the corners are rounded off ,most popup that i went inside and looked up have square edges ,mine are rounded at the corners . With that said even if i get 1/8 luan sheet i know it would round out on the sides but what about the corners ?? Anyone have any ideas or know /seen what type of ceiling im dealing with ??

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yes, its a colman abs roof. So foam and sometimes a expoxy mesh sandwiched by the abs. Your year pup does not have a foor brace from the factory. I would add one of those first. They made them mandatory later. Do you have ac? That will add to the bowing of the roof. I haven't really sceen anyone repair the inside yet. But, i would get a roof brace, or make one out of unistrute ( search the site for ideas) abd then see how bad it is. You may just want to do two braces and a peice of luan over them. Or go more advanced and try to use an abs slurry and panels to re glue the inside. Take some pictures. Ill throw out some ideas, cant promise they will be good ones or work. Lol.

3. Sergio M Baptista

Sergio M Baptista New Member

sjm its not my roof ,my roof is in great shape no leaks ,no sag ,its my interior ceiling the material is cracking were my door hangs when i get ready to lower the pup ,,it has to snaps that snap the door in place on the ceiling ,the ceiling material has stress cracks in it ,i want to replace it

4. Sjm9911

Unfortunately, not easy. Take some pictures. Lets see what your working with. Plastic expoxy can work also, drill some homes , inject glue. Take some pictures of it set up also. I have sceen some with delamination on the inside but not many, and really never any with out sag. On the outside people take the abs off and coat with bedliner, grizzlie grip, and it holds up. No one i have sceen has done the inside like that. If the delamination isnt bad, drill and glue, bedliner or paint. The bedliner will fill in small cracks. If you have an ac add the brace. They retrofitted a lot of, especially the bigger campers with a brace.

5. Sjm9911