1996 Dutchman Problems w/lift

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by maitechu, Aug 8, 2010.

1. maitechu

maitechu New Member

We just got a 1996 Dutchman and we are already having a big problem. When we bought it it was open. Guy delivered it and we tried opening it this morning and now it is sitting there with the front part up and the bottom part down. At first it was going up fine and it became hard to crank. Started lowering only to find only the back was going down. Now we can't crank it either way... What can we do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. hollywood703

hollywood703 New Member

I am no expert by any means...Nor am i familiar with Dutchman specific cranks, it to me sounds like something is binding if it wont crank either way. If it is like mine there is a pulley near the rear, make sure the cable hasnt come off that pulley and is catching. Also look at crank itself and and see if something is bound up in it. I would also call the previous owner and just ask him if he knows any solutions....I know i have seen similar problems so you might do a few searches on dutchman lift's...