1996 Jayco 1207KB resurrection Pic Intense

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by jab2181, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Huntzalot

Huntzalot New Member

Just finished my raise of the ground clearance. My steep driveway and basic drainage sells were obstacles to using the trailer. The trailer bumper would hit on most elevation changes do to its poor clearance from Jayco. So...I added an 8 inch rectangular tube, 6 grade 8 1/2 bolts and nuts, and two metal straps tying it all together. BTW, going to a larger lift eliminated the need for altering the frame or wheel well. I also added 13 inch "D" rated tires that far exceed the weights of the trailer and/or axle. The net raise went from 8 1/2 inch clearance to 20 1/2 inch clearance. I believe it is better than it came from the factory given only two bolts secured the axle to the trailer before. I have driven around the city a bit to ensure all is good. The trailer appears to ride smooth and straight including freeways speed. In a couple of weeks, Ill be using the trailer for a bear hunt will have more to report than.

2. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen :)

3. jab2181

jab2181 Member

[PUC]thanks guys, been kind of a ghost on the portal for a few months due to work, but sitting here watching the wind blow at the campsite for the last trip of the season. We are thinking of putting the ol girl up for sale. We are needing more room so on and so on. So if anyone might be interested, you have seen how she has been resurrected. Let me know if you would like some info, not really advertising yet but just seeing if I would get any bites. $3500 OBO

4. PhillyTitan

PhillyTitan New Member

Does that mean you're done pup camping??????
    I figured you'd be enjoying her for years after the work you put into her...

5. jab2181

jab2181 Member

No, looking at hybrids. I would love to keep her but just limited on storage room. Plus with 3 girls I really need a bathroom. I also go with just the kids a lot and it would make it nice to have less set up and tear down. Trust me I poured blood sweat and tears into it.

6. jonfsteele

jonfsteele New Member

were you working from plans on the sink?

7. jamb046

jamb046 Member

:)Great Work.

8. sgtlane04901

sgtlane04901 New Member

I too am working on a Jayco we did our roots exactly thewhat did you end up painting your roof with? Did you just use silicone on your seals.

9. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

First of all, awesome project that you can always be proud of! That canvas is sweet! You'll take the positives of the experience with you. We hear you on the changing needs. We know what it's like to restore classic vehicles and then part with them; it's been sad for us but also good. It will open new doors for y'all. Thanks for inspiring us! We look forward to seeing where your "road" leads next.
    M&K

10. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

You did a good job look like a new camper.