1997 Camplite by Damon (with slideout) Winch Model #

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by PaulaF_72, Jul 25, 2019.

1. PaulaF_72

PaulaF_72 New Member

So I bought a pop up last year. Winch was a little stiff. Now after having it out on a few trips its getting even worse. Two hands and lots of effort to crank down. I have to push on the bar while turning the crank, then pull on the bar to finish the rotation. I want to replace the winch but I can't find the model #. Where is it on the winch or does anyone know off hand what it might be? Its a front passenger mount.

2. fdmsiv

fdmsiv New Member

The winch is a duuton winch with automatic break. Northern Tool sells the wich but you would have to pull the square tube that the lever slides into off your old winch and install on the new one. I saw a complete unti for sale at a popup specific site but dont recall exactly which one.

I had a similar issue, the winch needs to feel weight to crank down. Sometimes the canvas would bunch and sort of cushion the roof before it go all the way down and the winch would start to lock up. I would have to raise the roof a little and then put some weight on the roof to get it to go down.