1997 Coleman - post roof repair, awning question

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by mbayer, May 21, 2019.

1. mbayer

mbayer New Member

Hi!

I have a 1997 Coleman by Fleetwood Sun Valley pop-up. The roof went bad oh, so I removed the top layer of abs, and made a new roof using Grizzly grip. The new roof looks amazing.
    My question is, How do I reattach my awning mounting bracket to the trailer?
    The old awning seemed to be attached by some kind of glue. There was no screws, and there are no screw holes. What do you all think is the best way to reattach the awning mount?

Thanks in advance

Margot

2. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

You can't. Originally it was held on with ABS Epoxy, ABS to ABS bond. You have to look at one of the other types that screw or bolt on.

3. mbayer

mbayer New Member

Hi. So I have to purchase a new awning and add a room?

4. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Get yourself a new awning rail and attach it. On mine, as much as I didn't want to, I ended up drilling through the roof, sealing the holes with 3M 4200 and attaching with stainless steel nuts and bolts. I used butyl tape between the awning rail and roof to help secure and seal things up.

Erik

MnMpopup likes this.
  5. PUPLizCA

PUPLizCA New Member

I have a 96 coleman that never had an awning. So after grizzly grip it will be sting enough to support an awning? Sorry to piggy back I would love an awning.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Should be, i would add a backing plate.