A few weeks ago my family, along with my mom and step dad planned a camping trip. My mom (74yo)arrived before us and was setting up her Viking when we pulled through. We went on to our site and set up our pup, then walked over to help her out after we finished. We found out that their roof wasn't raising up evenly. Upon further inspection, I found that the lift posts were pulled out of the wood on 3 of the corners! We couldn't safely set the pup up, so they cancelled their trip and drove home. Fast forward to today. My brother and I decided to tackle repairing the roof for her. She wanted to just sell it for parts, but I could tell she was really disappointed that they did a bunch of work to it and never got to camp in it - so we are going to fix it for her Christmas present. I forgot to mention that they bought the pup back in March I think. It needed a little work but was useable. My step dad had a stroke shortly after that, so things were put on hold. So this afternoon, we removed the a/c, then the canvas from the inside, disconnected the wiring in the driver side canvas and lifted the roof off with the help of 2 of his shop employees. We also removed the edge trim while the roof was still on the camper. We flipped the roof over on some parts stands so that we could work on it at a reasonable height. Upon further inspection, we found a bunch of small holes in the aluminum on the passenger side. That panel was rotten front to back - the driver side only on the corners. Both ends are still serviceable. The top was PERFECT - not even any discoloration around the A/C opening! We were able to remove the screws to get all of the hardware off. After the channel that holds the roof seal was removed, the side panels came right off with a couple of taps of the mallet (they were only held on with some staples and the corner brackets! - and of course the aluminum edge moulding). That was all we had time to do this afternoon, but I stopped by Home Depot on the way home to pick up new hardware to put it all back together tomorrow - $27 worth of wood screws, machine screws, washers and t nuts! We are going to get the plywood and glue in the morning because it is raining today. The plan for tomorrow is to get the plywood cut and spliced (105" long I think), new metal cut and glued on (we are going to use white coiled metal on the outside, but haven't decided on a glue yet), and possibly secure the side panels back on the roof tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we can get that done tomorrow and get the roof back on Sunday.