1998 Viking Epic 1706 Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by toddbmobile, Apr 21, 2012.

1. toddbmobile

toddbmobile New Member

I'm new to pop-up portal and need some help finding parts for my 1998 Viking Epic 1706. I have searched on line and the results were not good.

I need:
    • Right rear (red) tail light crystal
    • what size battery to use if I wan't to put one back on the camper (it has long been removed but wires are there)
    • the sink faucet which is also a pump
    • the little doors that cover the electrical and gas connections with new seals (old ones are dry rotted / brittle)

sorry for the tall order, thank you to any one in advance that can help

Todd

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Todd.... welcome from Connecticut, happy camping, enjoy.
    1) Any numbers or brand name on the old or other side light?
    2) The common group sizes are 24, 27, 31 .... the bigger the battery the larger capacity .... batteries are usually not mounted on the rear, lighting up the tongue weight could lead to sway.
    3) Low boy 2 way faucets are on ebay all the time, about 25 dollars
    4) Careful here .... come in different sizes, so measure your old one and compare with any new one you get. pictures would help us with suggestions.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Welcome to the portal, toddbmobile!

Barjan makes most of the rv lights you'll ever need and you can find then at any RV dealer, eBay, camping world.com. All you'd need would be the part number of the lens or the base it snaps on to. Should cost between$5-$15.

You can find 2 is 3-way low boy galley pumps in all the same places as well. That'll run you $25-$45.

If you have the diameter of the acres hatches (3-1/2" or 5") you can pick up those at the same places for between $5-$8 each. All you'll need to do is choose the color.

4. toddbmobile

toddbmobile New Member

Thank you for all the quick replies. Also thank you for the welcome. I'll start measuring and looking for part numbers.

5. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

Welcome aboard. I found all that stuff at a local RV dealer and service center. Campingworld should have them. http://www.campingworld.com/

They are everywhere, but if you look in your yellow pages for RV service and repair you will find somone that has inventory. You will be able to get the lens, and if not, then a new light assembly.

You can get the battery anywhere as well. Walmart or Sears even. It should be a standard 24 series deep cell. However I do not have a battery on mine and do not need it. For me it is just extra weight. I crank up by hand and never camp where there is not hook-ups.

The RV service center will have all the other stuff too. (little doors (which are actually the cover assemblies) and the pump)

HTH FL Bill

6. toddbmobile

toddbmobile New Member

Well I went to my local RV dealer and got most of the parts I needed. I'm still looking for a good deal on the sink faucet/pump. I found it online for 38 bucks and my RV dealer had it for 60 bucks. Someone told me I should be able to find it for around 25 bucks. Spent all day yesterday cleaning up the camper. Anyone got a link for how-to to put a home window unit in a pop-up. I have seen people do it. A 5000 BTU home unit is plenty and runs about 100 bucks versus a roof unit for 700.

7. Dubbya

8. toddbmobile

toddbmobile New Member

Thank you this is a nice mod. I think I'll see if I can get my father-in-law to weld me up a frame.

9. Dubbya

See if you get him to weld up 20 or 30! They'd probably sell like hotcakes around here!

10. raymonk

raymonk New Member

Here's the Viking mfg. site. I guess they are now Coachman. I emailed them about a part for my Viking 1706, and they were able to provide it. The cost was reasonable.
    http://coachmenrv.com/

11. Dubbya

Viking Replacement Parts (Contact Info @ Forest River RV)

My first attempt to contact Coachmen for Viking parts and prices went perfectly and I was told that Forest River had acquired the Viking line and that, going forward, they would be providing parts and service information. This time I simply went to the FR site after poking around long enough, was able to find the parts contact form through their online accessories store link. Yeah, it's like finding a needle in a haystack!

http://www.forestriveraccessories.com/UMSS.cfm?page=page-index.cfm&template_code=Contact.Us

Contacting Forest River RV through their parts request form proved fruitful after my message had trickled down to Paula who happens to be quite knowledgeable and great to deal with, BTW!

If you need parts or part lists, never mind the FR contact form. Email Paula directly, tell her what it is you need and and save yourself some time. If you don't have the part number, she'll likely send you an Adobe PDF parts list so you can find it.

Here's her contact info:

Paula Stewart
    800-239-6157
    Parts/Service Dept.
    VIKING RECREATIONAL VEHICLES
    a division of Forest River
    [email protected]

12. J-dawg

J-dawg New Member

I’m looking for refrigerator burner part?

13. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

What camper, what refrigerator, and what part? That may help narrow it down a bit.