1999 17' Apache Hybrid

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Penny Logan, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

I am going to look at this in the morning. I can't find any info on the internet about this travel trailer. He has pictures posted under Craigslist, in Little Rock, AR.. Can there be multiple names for travel trailers, to where maybe it is listed as something other than the manufactorer's name.
    I am getting nervous now.....

2. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

the true Apache company went out of business in 1987 but another company bought the name and made campers with the name. when looking at hybrids check around the bunk ends frame for rot or soft spots lots of older hybrids had water damage from not having the ends sealed properly or the silicone cracked letting water behind the wall. good luck

3. Penny Logan

now the man is asking about my trailer hitch. Wants to know if on the bumper or attached to the truck. I think it is on the bumper. Does this mean I can't get it, he says it weighs 3000-3500 and my manual says I can tow 5000. If I drive up there and want it, get it, how much will it take to get the work done to be able to tow it?? Thanks in advance.

4. htimsda

htimsda New Member

5. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Your hitch ball can be mounted on two locations, the bumper or a hitch mounted to the frame. Each has a different tow rating.

6. rjniles

rjniles Member

I would not tow 3000l bs with a bumper mounted hitch

7. Penny Logan

Ok, folks thanks for the help, This is the latest. My hitch would tow 3000 lbs, but the ball would not handle the tounge. So now I am getting a new hitch/ball put on Monday and hope to go see it Friday if he still has it.
    He actually looked on the model plate, and it is a 1999 Sun Valley Sun-Lite Mesa 21 hybrid. He said it was a Apache 17 ' hybrid, so with it saying Mesa 21, is is 21 feet and then more with the tip outs opened?? Or is it 17 ' and then it is 21 ' with the tips outs opened??
    Thanks for hanging with me and helping me out with all these questions.

8. rjniles

rjniles Member

9. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Looks pretty nice based upon the pics.

Things to look for...
    Check the bunk end platforms closely. Most older HTTs had leakage problems and the bunk wood can become rotten and spongy. Walk every inch of the floor and look for soft spots. Check everything. Make sure the awning rolls out poperly, the plumbing works, the water heater and propanre heater fire correctly, and the fridge works. Make sure the toliet flushes and the sinks don't leak.

10. Penny Logan

Thanks rjniles for taking the time to look it up on CL and tell me the size and to carnutcass for info on what to look for. I am going to do a new post, please help!!