1999 Rockwood Premier Roof Repair

Shawn Rigby

Jul 4, 2021
Hey all
I just replaced the roof sidewall of my pop up. As per the usual, it was completely rotted and falling apart.
Long story short, I've got the sidewall replaced and the columns to raise and lower the roof reattached, but now, the roof will not lower all of the way down on that side.
I used a thicker piece of pressure treated board to do the repair... could that be the problem?
I can send pictures along if needed, but at the front of the camper I have at least an inch or two to go before it completely closes back down, and at the rear, at least 3 or 4 inches before it completely seats.
No idea as to what my be causing it to pinch off and not close back down.
Any help or thought would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
Long story short, I've got the sidewall replaced and the columns to raise and lower the roof reattached, but now, the roof will not lower all of the way down on that side. I used a thicker piece of pressure treated board to do the repair... could that be the problem?
Welcome to the Portal. If you kept the same outside measurements, with the thicker material, it could be binding the post when closing. A recessed post mount area, on the new side, could put the post back in line. We're just guessing, since not a lot of info was provided.