1st full week starts this Friday wish me luck.

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by B.T.Brews, Aug 5, 2015.

1. B.T.Brews

B.T.Brews New Member

Well... we are almost into it. Our first full week starts out this Friday at Peter's Pond Campground in Sandwich, Ma. on Cape Cod. We can't wait. We've only been out for one weekend and a night out in the yard since we bought the new camper at the end of June, so we are really looking forward to it. Weather's not looking so good, at least for the begining of the week but it's all part of the adventure... right?

2. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

That's right! We had our first full week out about a month ago. Had several storms and even a tornado watch, but we made it through with only minimal damage (watch that awning!). Have a great time!

3. B.T.Brews

B.T.Brews New Member

Thanks. I'm sure everything will be just fine. I'm a seasoned tent camper, though this is my first experience with a pup. The first weekend we took it out we had torrential rain and up to 30mph gusts. The camper help up ok, though i had strung a tarp above it from some trees, that didn't like the wind so much. Guess who was out at 2 am, getting soaked, cutting the tarp down from the trees and tieing it off to the camper?

4. RDWRER

RDWRER Active Member

[LOL] hopefully this trip will be less adventurous than that!