1st summer Illinois popup rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by ill.plainsman, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

We are doing it again. July 21st 22, and 23rd at Spring Lake in Macomb Illinois. Trying to post our rally this year is rough with this new format. We have met over here at Macomb the last 2 years and every time we have had enough people for a rally 6 and 8 campers respectively. Were looking for more popups. Holly and Mark are planning on helping with this one. Christina Von Homan is our liaison with Ryan the manager of the campground. It all depends on how many we can get to be there on what our rate will be. But we really need to know if you will be making it, as he, Ryan, the manager will actually move long time campers to keep us together. Plenty to do here to. there is a country store, boat rentals Kayak rental and good fishing. I think there were even bikes for rent. This is a county park so there are no reservations through Reserve America. We have either called the park itself or notified Christina and she added us to the list. Mention that you are going and I'll get more info and facts. If your sure you want to go Lets get a summer rally going.

2. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

IP, Is there a website for the park? Electric, H2O, showers? She wants to know so at least we're interested. We were there long ago and it was pretty basic back then.

3. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Never mind, I found it. www.macombspringlake.com Has 30amp available 1st come basis. H20 close by. Dump station onsite.

4. Rick mc

Rick mc New Member

So is this a real deal for the 21,22,23? July?? We might make it ? We're only 30 miles from there . But I need to fix my crank .it broke off on the weekend of the 4th ..

ill.plainsman likes this.
  5. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Can't make it this year as I am hosting a bridal shower at my house that weekend. But usually July is clear for us, so hopefully next year! For me, the more advance notice I can get, the more likely it is we can come.

ill.plainsman likes this.
  6. ill.plainsman

It was a very small but good rally. We had a minimum of 5 groups of people. There was Christiana's, group, Mark & Holly, Dale & Jadrian , & Heather and her group. Oh yeah and there was Susan and myself. We were all the way in the back. We had a wonderful breeze right off the hill. In the shade it was only 85 degrees. 10 degrees cooler than on the rest of the park. There was a movie, "Jaws" at the pavilion, a slip and slide for children, or anyone who dared. They had ribs and free ice cream on friday and then on saturday the ice cream.
    We aren't sure if we are going to be able to do it next year tho. The city of Macomb wants more full timers in the park. Personally It will look an awful lot like a trailer park if they do. The only thing that keeps it from looking that way now is the campers are 90% 5 ers and they are parked in varying positions. Kind of random. They really put on a show . I'll miss it.
    We are thinking of finding another park, hopefully on the west side of Illinois. At least a little bit on that side. New Salem was suggested as well as Timberview and I can't remember the name of the other,. It was a Morman jumping off point back in 1800 wild west history.
    Anyway , we had a great time as usual. Heres on to better times. For all you campers who are looking for a fun time out this fall don't forget the Fall Rally at Morrain View SP In October on the 6th 7th & 8th. I understand there are 2 more sites in the F loop. Happy camping.

7. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Are we an official rally yet for the fall?

8. ill.plainsman

I haven't received and I haven't heard from any member to that effect. But it only takes 5 people to make it true. I think we need to make our selves official.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.