1st Time PUP Owner - '72 Starcraft Starmaster 8

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by usonian, Mar 21, 2014.

1. usonian

usonian New Member

Thanks:) Did you find a safe way to clean the vintage covers? We like the look too but would prefer to get them nice and clean before we start using the camper. We have a curtain / rug dry cleaner near us that I will look into but that might get expensive. Also, did you replace the upholstery foam?

2. usonian

usonian New Member

Thanks cztardust! I'll definitely be seeking some advice. First order of business is replacing that main lift cable:) I wonder if making my own is worth the effort if new replacements can be had for ~$30.

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

We didn't replace the foam. It was still pretty good. I just vacuumed the covers. We put fitted sheets over the bed mattresses.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

conrads from western pa love those old campers!

5. jwrober

jwrober Member

I have a 1972 starmaster 6, which is essentially the same as yours except a bit shorter. yours has one more bed than mine. Where your second bed is (bottom of your pic) I have a lift up chest to put clothes and such in. great trailer.

6. MRFIXIT

MRFIXIT New Member

New cables are not hard to make. I found a Nicopress tool on e-bay and bought enough cable and ends to replace all of the cables on my '83 starcraft. from http://www.pambinaimpex.com Remember that they are probably all the same age. You do not want one to break when you are setting it up at a campsite [:(]

7. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

There is a thread on Pup Portal that shows the cables and where they go. I know this because I searched it when I repaired my lift support columns (They sunk in to soft corners on the floor) I just have to say Wow Wow Wow... I love those original cushion covers on yours!