1st trip in my new2me HTT

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Penny Logan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

Went to a state park about 1 1/2 hours away, Great part, had some minor problems! Small leak under sink, fixed it. Didnt understand about opening/closing for toliet water, so quit using it, and then when we were leaving and went to dump station, kinda figured out more about how it works....Fridge worked, freezer great, had hard time getting fridge to work, but it kicked on and stayed cool. A/C was great, no leaks or anything.
    I guess we have more questions now about the different water tanks, and do you fill them up when you get to the campground and how can you find out how much each holds??
    Once I set up a photo account, I will post pictures.

2. reidsd

reidsd Kelowna, B.C.

Welcome, congratulations and looking forward to the pics.

Continued happy camping (and problem solving too).

From Kelowna, B.C.

Scott

3. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

When and if you fill the fresh water tank depends upon the type site you're camping on. We typically camp at sites where electricity is the only hook-up. We fill our fresh water tank when we arrive at the cg before we park and set up. We don't use the shower in our HTT but do use the toilet, kitchen and bathroom sink. You'll want to monitor your tank levels but shouldn't have a problem with over-filling either the black or gray...assuming of course that you don't refill your fresh tank. If you do refill your fresh tank you're going to want to be aware of your black and gray tank levels as I'd be willing to bet that overflowing them would not be pretty. [:)C]

Our tanks capacities are fairly typical for medium sized TT's and HTT's.
    Fresh water = 31 gallons (US)
    Gray water = 25 gallons (US)
    Black water = 25 gallons (US)
    Your owner's manual should list the capacities. If not, or you don't have the manual, internet research should help. Worst case scenario, call the manufacturer. What kind of camper do you have?

If you camp in a full hook-up site (electric/water/sewer) you hook your fresh water hose to the campsite spigot and the other end to the "City Water" inlet on the camper. Be sure to use a water pressure regulator. Some prefer to put the pressure regulator at the spigot and some at the camper end of the hose. Keep your black and gray tanks closed until they are roughly 2/3 full. Don't hook hook up to the sewer and then leave your tank valves open...your tanks won't drain properly and you will allow sewer gases to enter your camper.

Hope this isn't too much all at once. Ask away if you have more questions. I've learned a lot of this stuff from the kind folks here and some by trial and error.

4. Penny Logan

Car Nut Cass Thanks, all I know is shower capacity is 6 gallons, the man I bought it from told me that. Not planning on using the shower. I have a 99 Apache Mesa. It was by Springvalley- Sun Lite and they are out of business and I have no owners manual, so it has all been by trial and error!!
    We had water and electric and hooked water up to the water spigot. I think we had something wrong to water to toliet as it filled up, so we quit using. Didn't understand about open/close or turning off. Then we didn't have water in the sink, as we just unhooked the hose.
    The freezer worked fine, then the fridge didn't, it was hooked up to electric, Then I noticed it was on 4 on the dial and it started cooling. So does it take a while to kick in and start cooling, is that why people prep it before a trip?
    Thanks for all your help. I love this site....

5. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Ah yes, the Apache. Now I remember the thread when you bought it. I had looked at a very similar Apache except that it was 2002.

Based upon the info you provided you can safely assume a few things.

Your shower most likely does not have a 6 gallon capacity. Your water heater does. 6 gallon is a very common size for Domestic brand RV water heaters. Mine is a 6.

One of the things you have to do when hooking up water is to turn on the faucets and run some water through the toilet to get the air out of the lines. Don't forget your pressure regulator. You could rupture a line and have water everywhere if the pressure is too high. What problem did you experience with your toilet?

The fridge/freezers work on a different system compared to a home fridge. RV fridges don't have a compressor so there is no "kick-on" that you can hear. They do take quite a while to cool, especially if the outside temps are high. I installed a small 12v fan inside mine and it helps cool it down quicker.

6. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Hi Penny!

Have you tried this site out? It seems to me someone there would have just what you need! But that doesn't mean you have to leave here! [LOL]

http://www.apachepopups.net/SMF/

[:D]

7. Penny Logan

RotnMom, just spent alot of time on that site, they are all pop ups. I have a Apache Hybrid, of which I have never been able to find any info on. Thanks! I am going to keep looking...

8. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

judging from your profile info you have a Sun-Lite Apache Hybrid, not the old Apache hard side pop ups that people here are use to talking about.

I would love to see pics of your camper!

9. Penny Logan

Baahumbug just found out my memory card was full, so I have no pictures of my 1st trip in my N2M hybrid..... can't ever redo the first trip.... just have to take many more and make sure my camera has memory on it !!! [CP]

10. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

OOPS!! My bad!! [?:~{]

11. Penny Logan

Someone told me since I didn't have any pix on first outing to call that a trial run, and have a do over on the first trip. Sounds good to me!!