2/24 - 2/26 2017 Northern Florida - 3 booked, need at least 2 more

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Orchid, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

To tzmartin I would say... "Don't worry about them gators, the rattlesnakes don't let em git up that far"

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We really need #5 to make us official. [;)] Would love to have you! And then if we can get tzmartin, we would be 6! Starting to look like a real rally. I'm so excited!

[LOL] [LOL]

3. jumpoff

Orchid...once I noticed that they had electricity and showers it was a no brainer. You know I've never been to a rally before... I'm not gonna be asked to get up and sing or anything right ??? There's no initiation right ????

4. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

The only "initiation" is that if you are one of the last to arrive, EVERYONE gets to watch you back into your site. That's why I reserved a pull-through!

5. Orchid

I've never been to a rally before, either. [LOL] We'll all just agree to agree that there will be no singing at ours. [8D]

That's why we're getting there a day early. [;)] Nah, we have a pull through as well. I wanted 34, but it got snagged right as I was getting ready to reserve it. My DH can back the PUP, but I can't. I'm going to learn though. We have a ton of property here, but it's all wooded. I need an empty parking lot or something.

6. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

We're getting better at backing in, but there's too much time between trips for us to remember what we did the last time.

Orchid, thanks for keeping track of the sites. I used your map and added a table. I can fill it in until we are official and get a rally page.

19 sites are still available.
    Site photos -- http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Stephen-Foster-Folk-Culture-Center-State-Park
    Reservations -- http://floridastateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/stephen-foster-folk-cc-sp/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=FL&parkId=281137#sr

Attached Files:

7. tzmartin

tzmartin Not here for a long time but here for a good time!

Boy am i confused. The Stephen Foster State park i was looking at is in Georgia. In the middle of the Okefenokee swamp (hence my alligator comment) We may not be talking about the same park. Are there two Stephen Foster State Parks?

8. tzmartin

tzmartin Not here for a long time but here for a good time!

Thanks, jumpoff. Now i feel better. You reminded me a funny story about rattlesnakes. It's about a 10 minute podcast about a blind guy who goes to a Texas rattlesnake round up. Sit and listen to it if you have time.

http://player.themoth.org/#/?actionType=ADD_AND_PLAY&storyId=551

9. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

You Have plenty of time yet, and got a feeling you can do it. Its on our calendar, and my schedule has me starting my week off. IF DW can get the next week (a few days at least) off work AND We can get the Grandson out of school, Then there is a very good chance we can make it.

BTW Orchid....Pam was the WM at the 1st rally SHE went to.... [:D]

10. Orchid

[:O] Wow, that is amazing to hear. I had no idea .... I would love to follow in her footsteps.

Apparently so. [LOL] I just looked it up and see why you were concerned about alligators. We have a Stephen Foster State Park here in FL too. It just doesn't have the "C" initial in it. Ours is very, very different. It's a cultural arts center and museum. They have a river for fishing, and nice, wooded sites, but nothing like a swamp.

11. Wayne In Florida

Wayne In Florida Member

Should know today if the wife can get vacation time today. hope to be number 5.

12. jumpoff

That would be great Wayne

13. yetavon

That may help with persuading to get Jax out of school.

14. jumpoff

Well if I'm the last one to arrive you better grab yourself a chair and a drink....you'll be there awhile.

15. jumpoff

Ironically the Stephen C Foster in Ga and the Stephen Foster in Fl are fairly close together. I had the same thing happen last year. I thought the rally I was interested in was at Ft Desoto in Pinellas Co Fl. It was actually Desoto in Alabama which is close to Ft Payne....only about 500 miles apart.

16. jumpoff

Orchid you said on a previous post," It's a cultural arts center and museum." Are you sure they're gonna let us in ???? [:D]

17. Orchid

You have no idea how happy this makes me!!! [:D]

I have no idea why they do this! Names are just not that hard to think up. It's really confusing.

With an audience, it will take even longer. DH took forever to get the PUP right last weekend because the second he started, a big rig pulled down the road and was sitting there waiting on him. It had been about four years since he backed one, we had some communication issues on where we wanted it, and then the added stress of people waiting..... UGH!

There is honestly not much to that part, but the school doesn't have to know that. [;)]

[LOL] They keep us on the complete other side of the place, where the cultural folks don't have to see or hear us. [LOL]

18. JAXPOPPER

JAXPOPPER Jax. FL Fleetwood Tucson

WOW!! I have been gone a week and just getting back and look at all that is going on....that is awesome, our mini-rally is actually turning into a RALLY...cant wait and I think we will have more join us soon....This will be my first rally and it looks like it will be a good one! [NEON] [TV]

19. Orchid

Yeppers! Just one more reservations makes us OFFICIAL. Once we get that 5th and apply, we will be a real rally! I think we will have several more reservations before the weekend is up. [:D]

20. yetavon

I like the new Signature.... [;)]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.