2 hours away from picking up my new F150 ecoboost!

Clueless

I use to have a handle on life but it broke.
Apr 6, 2011
I just bought a shiny new 2011 F150 XLT SuperCrew with the EcoBoost engine. I got the Chrome Tow and convenience packages as well. I took this puppy for a test ride a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head. So..... I caved last week and called up a few dealership and beat the snot out of them on the price and got me a shiny new TV that I'll be picking up in just a few hours. This thing actually has a sway control feature you can turn on that will automatically bring an uncontrolled sway back under control and eliminate it all on it's own. I hope I never need that feature but I thought that one was pretty cool. It is mind bogling to see how high tech these new trucks are now a days. It has the sync stuff built into the truck and all kinds of other stuff.

To say I'm just a little stoked would be a huge understatement. [:D]

365 hp and 420 of torque = One happy camper! Yeah baby!

Bobby999

Runnin' with the pack!
Jan 24, 2009
Congratulations!! I just test drove that truck last week and I too was impressed. But I'm looking at an F250 with the 6.2 V8. That will tow almost anything. Including a 5th wheel. For towing a pup that ecoboost system is amazing at what it can tow. You will have plenty of power. Consumer Reports recommends the truck but they only got 15 mpg overall. Depends on how you drive.

SUPERKSR

Jan 27, 2010
Us Blue Oval folks will be waiting with baited breath for more info on your new truck. Can't wait for an update. Congrats on the new truck. [;)]

freenaz

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2011
Congrats on the new truck those are pretty awesome. IIRC they have some good tow specs.

Eagle85

Dec 12, 2010
Congrats on the new truck!

We picked up the same truck about a month ago. We are getting 16.9 to 17.0 mpg in town. It will tow 11300 lbs. My wife uses it daily, we traded our minivan in for it. She was dead set against getting a truck but once she drove it, she was convinced it was the way to go. The turning radius is unbelievable, I think it's better than the Caravan was.

Your right about how high tech they are. It really has some cool features. We have used it once for towing the pup. At one point I forgot I had it back there. Previously, I towed with my '03 F250.

Enjoy your new toy, we sure are.

Clueless

I use to have a handle on life but it broke.
Apr 6, 2011
Thanks folks! I got my baby last night and just drove it into work. I'm still shaking. [LOL] It's been 10 years since I last had a new truck so it's going to take some getting use to. My DW couldn't believe how big this guy is and said she wouldn't ever dare to drive it. Hmmmmmm... What a shame. [;)]

Superksr- I actually got onto the Blue Oval forum to do a lot of my research before I bought. Lot's of great info over there. And thank you for building such a great product. I have always driven Toyota's but you guys won me over when you refused the bailout money. I love my country so I figured it was time to support it in some small way. [A] Yeah... I know a lot of the parts are made oversees but the end money stays here in the good old US of A.

While driving it to work this morning, I watched in amazement as my average mpg kept rising and exceeded what I normally got in my little Tacoma V6 but with a chit load of extra power when needed. Damn.... This thing ROCKS! It got up to 17.4 mpg but then I got a little carried away at a few stop lights and that went to hell in a hurry. But it was fun! [:D]

I'll post up some pic's when I get a chance. Thanks again folks!

JeepMama

Super Active Member
Jun 10, 2011
WOW, that sounds like a awesome truck! Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures :)

Yellowkayak

Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you
Mar 13, 2007
Please keep us posted on your opinion on this truck especially informed on the MPG. I ahve been looking for something a bit more "powerful" but with beter gas mileage than my 2007 Crewcab Chevy Silverado. I get 23 on the highway (no headwind), and 16 in town with my 4.8 ltr V-8. Towing I get 14.8 consistently, but then again I drive like I'm 100 years old also. 60 on the ighway regardless if the speeds are set higher, and in town that is when Mr. Hide comes out, because to many bad srivers out there upset me and I try to get away from them, which burns up mroe fuel, but 16 MPG in town with a big truck is not bad.

I heard from the dealership guy I talk to that eco boost will get 25 - 26 towing 5000 pounds. I'm leary of those numbers from them, so I am very interested to ehar the TRUTH with REALITY on what it really gets towing and without towing. My trucks warranty is about to expire by next May 2012, so I will probably be looking for another truck (4X4 this time), and the Eco boost interests me.

THanks

JJ

Grizzly_Wayne

Oct 7, 2010
Knoxville, Tn
Congrats on the new truck! Those ecoboosts sure look great! I am still driving my 2002 F150 4.6, 148,000 miles and still going strong! Heck, it's almost broke in! [;)]

Bobby999

Runnin' with the pack!
Jan 24, 2009
Yellowkayak said:
Please keep us posted on your opinion on this truck especially informed on the MPG. I ahve been looking for something a bit more "powerful" but with beter gas mileage than my 2007 Crewcab Chevy Silverado. I get 23 on the highway (no headwind), and 16 in town with my 4.8 ltr V-8. Towing I get 14.8 consistently, but then again I drive like I'm 100 years old also. 60 on the ighway regardless if the speeds are set higher, and in town that is when Mr. Hide comes out, because to many bad srivers out there upset me and I try to get away from them, which burns up mroe fuel, but 16 MPG in town with a big truck is not bad.

I heard from the dealership guy I talk to that eco boost will get 25 - 26 towing 5000 pounds. I'm leary of those numbers from them, so I am very interested to ehar the TRUTH with REALITY on what it really gets towing and without towing. My trucks warranty is about to expire by next May 2012, so I will probably be looking for another truck (4X4 this time), and the Eco boost interests me.

THanks

JJ

You can follow other Ford F150 owners over here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/

You drive like I do. My wife tells me I drive like an old lady [LOL] No offense to any old lady on this forum. Go test drive this truck JJ. It will surprise you.

Bill

Travelhoveler

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2011
Thanks folks! I got my baby last night and just drove it into work. I'm still shaking.

Uh oh, sounds like an alignment problem. [LOL]

Seriously, congrats on the new hoopty! It's time to go buy three spinner hubcaps and a license plate that reads CLUELESS.

Storm Trooper

Home is where you park it!
Feb 14, 2008
Where my camper is parked now.
Congrats Clueless.

That ecoboost V6 is being reported on a number of F150 forums around 15 to 17 city and 23 to 25 highway depending on where you live.
The city mpg is 3 to 4 mpg better real world than the other popular V8's out there.
You will find that motor will pull like a diesel, 90% of it's torque is developed by 2000 rpm. Just great for towing with a six speed tranny, you are in near maximum power all the time without revving the engine way up.

The mileage of my F150 5.4L has peaked now at around 10,000 miles. The last 650 mile trip to Maine got a little better than 20 mpg traveling at an average 75 mph.
That also is with the Max tow package of 11,200 and 3.73 rear end. Faster and slower at times and definitely not towing. I am very happy with that.
You should do a lot better with that ecoboost.

One thing to note on the F150 forum is that many members report a significant increase in mileage using premium gas, more than offsets the extra costs.
Good luck.
Keep us posted on how it tows,. [:D]

BTW, I hope you got the factory built in brake controller. It translates the hydraulic pressure when you press on the brakes to electrical current for the trailer brakes. Once you adjust it correctly, the brakes work in unison like it's a permanently attached trailer. Another level above the proportional brake controllers like the Prodigy.

Hawkester

Hawkesnest
May 23, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Congrats on the new toy! I saw those for the first time at the RV show this past February and was impressed, but I can't bring myself to depart with my '04 F150. She has 196,000 miles so it will be a few more years before I need to upgrade [:D]

jasf

Oct 3, 2009
A buddy of mine just took his ecoboost from upstate NY to WV & the trip 'puter says 29.5 mpg. Pretty impressive.

badhabit1

Aug 8, 2010
Clueless said:
I just bought a shiny new 2011 F150 XLT SuperCrew with the EcoBoost engine. I got the Chrome Tow and convenience packages as well. I took this puppy for a test ride a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head. So..... I caved last week and called up a few dealership and beat the snot out of them on the price and got me a shiny new TV that I'll be picking up in just a few hours. This thing actually has a sway control feature you can turn on that will automatically bring an uncontrolled sway back under control and eliminate it all on it's own. I hope I never need that feature but I thought that one was pretty cool. It is mind bogling to see how high tech these new trucks are now a days. It has the sync stuff built into the truck and all kinds of other stuff.

To say I'm just a little stoked would be a huge understatement. [:D]

365 hp and 420 of torque = One happy camper! Yeah baby!
You will want to turn on the sway control before you begin towing, it is designed to keep sway from rearing it's ugly head, not stop it once it has begun. You still need to load your trailer properly, too. :) Ford faithful here, and I love the new ecoboosts!

Hacksaw

Super Active Member
Aug 23, 2009
You lucky dog! That is a sweet ride! ...and I'm not a Ford guy! (even though I own one)