2000 Coleman Bayside Elite

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by TexasRN, May 13, 2019.

1. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

Went camping for the first time this weekend and now I have a boatload of issues to try to fix. #1 on the hit parade is that the running lights were on while parked and unhitched from the truck. Right before we left, I noticed that the rocker light switch to the trunk light was illuminated. I had already tried to turn on that lamp and the bulb is not lighting up. The bulb appears fine, I can see a complete filament. I wasn't worried about that at the time. I know there is power to the switch since the rocker is illuminated.

I switched off the rock and lo and behold, the running lights turned off!! What little I understand is that I have a short to power somewhere. My first thought is that it is the lampholder itself. Cannot removed easily since it is rivited into place. Before I go tearing into this, has anyone seen this? Any recommendations?

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

No as much as I hate to say it, it is working as designed. Everything you described, have read about in my manual. The rocker is supposed to do different things in different situations. Do you happen to have the manual for your pup?

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Is it the rocker switch inside the pup, on one of the bunk ends? Its supost to light the front storage box, mine also turns on the running lights, it dosent effect the rest of the ellecteical system and might be designed that way, so you can move around the pup setting up. Others say its a short. I like it as is.

4. TexasRN

TexasRN New Member

OK....then it's not as bad as I thought.....just need to figure out why the trunk light isn't coming on.

5. Sjm9911

Lol, i never even bothered to see if mine has a light in it.

6. Sjm9911

Ok , so , when i first got the pup, im hitting the switch and looking for what it activated. On ,off , on , off , never seen it during the day as it didnt stand out and i wasnt looking for it. As i left the pup, hours later still not k owing what the switch did, i saw the running lights on.