2000 Coleman Cheyenne???

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by bstat, Oct 14, 2019.

1. bstat

bstat New Member

Still on the hunt after not being able to go see the last one. I know this has an abs roof and the current owner said the previous owner fixed it but I could see some cracking without looking too hard. The interior plastic ceiling is also cracked where the slide out tent support connects. And the last thing and what might be my biggest concern is the rear panel appears to have been leaking awhile. I didn't see any damage inside but could clearly see rotten wood behind the panel. Plan would be to Grizzly Grip the exterior and possibly interior (not sure what the best option is), and then rebuild the rear. I don't mind doing the work just wanted to check here and see if anything is screaming NO.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/962133964130012/

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ac is a biggie, do you need ac?

3. bstat

bstat New Member

I'll need AC in the summer but I work with an AC wizard that can fix just about anything that blows cold air. Current owner says it blows air but won't stay running. He has been told it could be the thermostat, freon level, or motherboard. If all else fails it's $500-$750 for a new AC or I could get a portable unit and use it during hurricane power outages in my house too.

4. Sjm9911

Its a sealed unit , so adding freon isn't easy. The other stuff may be. Motherboards on a 2000? Idk im not an ac expert but it seams like its old school, and not computerized. Look at the water damage and inspect for rot. The roof will not leak , but will crack . GG may not help unless you strip the abs. Still a good deal for the money. A portable ac is cheap, a fan to cover the ac is also. Did it have a roof support?

5. Sjm9911

Seal is shot , so thats a 150. Rest from the pictures looks ok. The roof does look worked on. How did the door get dented, lol. And the tape over the rear light. Fixable. Just make sure the water damage isnt too much , and the leaks stoped or you can stop it.

6. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

It feels so weird to point out a 2000 camper is almost 20 years old. But hey, if you're up to doing the repairs, check out all the damage and make sure you factor it into your offer. Evidence, not emotion.