2000 Coleman Fleetwood Utah - Roof?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by atlastracer, Sep 1, 2021.

1. atlastracer

atlastracer New Member

My wife and I saw a 2000 Coleman Fleetwood Utah come up on FB Marketplace locally. The trailer started at $7000 CDN and has been dropped down to $6200 so far. The unit looks pretty good from the pictures (new battery, interior painted, new flooring, reupholstered cushions/dinette, front storage refinished).

My concern is on the roof. I've read that the ABS roof can be a problem, although it can be sealed with bed liner. But the videos I've seen are small cracks. However I don't know from the picture of the roof from the ad whether it's a red-flag - the tape appears to go across the entire roof. The seller says it doesn't leak and is just cosmetic (they didn't bother to fix it as they didn't care about the look).

We like the look and the fact everything else looks to be in pretty good shape. But we are also new to (any sort of) RVs...so wondering if this might be a mistake and is beyond the standard ABS roof repair that can be done on these. Price also seems high for a 21yr old trailer, although not that far off local market since much of the interior has been updated.

Attached Files:

2. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

That is a problem and a half.

3. atlastracer

atlastracer New Member

That's what I wondered. Thanks for feedback. Probably best for us to keep looking and not take a chance on that roof then.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

If you are handy with tools and like projects, well then, it's a perfect match. Take a look at other posts here on ABS roof repair.
    Many ways to fix these roofs. I used steel siding to fix mine.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Dosent look good as the crack is over the support bar. Roof almost looks broken, and not delaminated. Price is way high for me especially with no ac. I know stuff is selling really high due to demand and covid, but you would have to be crazy to buy it for that much.