2001 Coleman Bayside Elite crank assembly drive shaft

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Taclbry, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Taclbry

Taclbry New Member

The drive shaft and the hub extension threads are stripped. I removed the assembly from the trailer. I ordered a new drive shaft and hub extension. (ouch $$). My question is, how do I remove the drive shaft from the crank assembly. The crank assembly has the sprockets, bearing, pressure plate and chain etc. Is it pressed in? I was wondering if I have to drill out the rivets on the housing in order to take it apart. Or is the drive shaft pressed in and out? Hoping to have it ready to assemble when the new parts get here.

2. tsc

tsc Member

3. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

4. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

I just rebuilt our crank on our 1998 Coleman Redwood with parts from www.canvasreplacements.com. Although our model is a direct crank and not chain driven some of the components may be similar. So you may want to check out my post from 9/8/16 as I have some pictures of the disassembled parts and that may help.

Also here is picture of an e-bay listing ITEM: 141133320970 for an upper crank kit for $133.50 I just saw that shows you all the parts separated.

Good luck and hope it works out!

Attached Files: