2001 Keystone Camplite Pup

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Cynthia Powell, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Cynthia Powell

Cynthia Powell New Member

Thanks, I will try that.

2. Cynthia Powell

Yeah, that would be. I guess I've learned the hard way.

3. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

The lights run on 12 volts DC- your battery. Something else is going on here if your battery is charged and connected properly.

The refrigerator can run on the battery, but you will kill your battery very quickly. If I remember correctly, my fridge runs on around 10 amps DC per hour. A Group 24 battery with 85 amp hours would be dead in 8.5 hours.

BillyMc likes this.
  4. Cynthia Powell

I finally had my battery tested and it was dead but they charged it and all is good now.

5. Cynthia Powell

Hi everyone,

I have a new question, lol. Since the nights are getting cooler here in Michigan, can anyone tell me how to turn the heat on in my pup?

6. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

On ours there is an on/off switch inside the front cover as well as a 12 volt circuit breaker. There is also an on/off switch on the thermostat, some say their's is very hard to switch on or off, mine isn't that hard. Turn the gas on, set thermostat to desired setting, and turn on switches. It helps if you light stove first to purge air from lines. These are generic instructions because we have no idea what furnace or thermostat you have.
    Posting separate questions in separate thread under the appropriate topic will usually get better quicker answers. You may find someone has the same issue.

7. Pnut

Pnut Member

Mine is beside the fridge. Like BillyMc said it's helps to purge the air from the line first. The only switch on mine is at the thermostat. Mine is hard to switch on, almost feels like it may break but it doesn't. I use a small ceramic electric heater in mine instead of the gas heat.
    tstat.jpg

8. Cynthia Powell

Thanks so much for all your help.