2001 Niagra - Midwest

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by CindyLHK, Aug 19, 2019.

1. CindyLHK

CindyLHK New Member

Jumped in and bought a partially pimped 2001 Niagara last year. Have had it out twice. There is some leaking around the tenting at the lid crease, so getting ready to work on that.

What seems to work:
    Fridge (electric and propane)
    Cooktop
    Faucet/sink
    Propane heater
    AC/Fan
    Electrical (hurray!)
    Towing connections

What has me scratching my head:
    A plumbing problem between the hot water heater and the slide out.
    It's keeping me from checking out the rest of the plumbing thoroughly.

I've used my years of internet search expertise and come up blank with regard to a 2001 Niagara plumbing diagram. I'd like to have an idea of where to look before living under the unit for a few hours with tubing and knives. I sense it has to do with a pinch or disconnect around the slide in to the water heater.

BTW, upgrades before purchase were floor, upholstery, and countertops. New curtains. Swell matching king-sized bedding. An extra kush of foam under one mattress. I think the tops will need another go. Also, dang that flimsy dinette table!

The unit had almost always been garaged. No leaks around the a/c.

Any advice is welcome. Haven't camped for years, and am enjoying it. We are usually 5 - myself and my husband, an adult son, his daughters 3 and 5. (Mom, by proclamation, will never be a camper. Her daughters are champs at it, though.)