2002 Coleman Sea Pine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by texrus67, Oct 22, 2013.

1. texrus67

texrus67 On the road again!

Need advice as to how to pull water from under cabin water tank when city water is not available, as in off gridding. Pump works, battery is new, can hear pump humming away, but no water comes out of faucet. Was told that pump is self-priming. It works great when hooked up to city water. Hoses are air tight, all appears to be in order.

Light work, refrig works, pump hums, tank is full of H2O, just no water. Suggestions? [:(]

2. GeorgeHahnemann

GeorgeHahnemann Active Member

:) Welcome from Central Ohio
    When you say the pump is humming ,is it steady or pulsing sound?
    If it steady the motor not turning. You can check for bad check valve.

I hope this will help you.

Good luck,

Oldhippie Rockwood

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Welcome from a former Texas resident (San Antonio) who now lives in the great Pacific Northwest.

The pump shouldn't just hum. There should be a pulsing sound. With some pumps this is quite loud.

4. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

i have had that situation 2 times with my '95 Coleman, and 2 different things happening. [:O]

If you have a low boy style faucet, and it as a rubber diaphragm inside, that could be damaged. [;)]
    The rubber diaphragm and gasket next to it might need to be changed(if a model 131 faucet).

Other is maybe some grit is inside the pump, and needs cleaned out. [;)]

In either situation, something has to be taken apart and inspected. Still no guarantee about
    either being what is presently wrong with yours, though. [:O]

5. jpaul

jpaul Member

Welcome,
    I had a similar situation. The hum may indicate that the pump motor is working but the unit is not pumping. The pump diaphragm or the valve assembly maybe malfunctioning. I purchased and installed a new pump. Simple and problem solved.

If you are mechanically inclined you could remove your pump, disassemble it and inspect if for debris. valve blockage, and/or damaged to the pump diaphragms. Also a simple cleaning my solve your problem. This implies bench testing which may not be practical for you.

Removing and Replacing the pump is relatively straight forward. The older Shurflo 2088 pumps are obsolete but parts are available.

6. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

7. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

Tex, when I bought my NTU Mesa, the PO demonstrated that the pump worked by turning it on and hearing the motor humming. When I first filled the tank and tried to use the pump, it didn't work. Turns out that the pump head back-plate was broken. The head is only a $50-55 replacement part changed with 3 screws. As Jpaul said, if you are mechanically inclined, it should take but a few minutes to determine the depth of the problem.... good luck.

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.