2003 Coleman Niagra grand touring elite Cost question

LouieZ

Aug 25, 2011
Hey all! I am new to the pop up world. I am preparing to buy a 2003 Coleman Niagra tour elite that is in immaculate condition! Looks like it has never been used. Garaged kept by older couple. I am paying $7000. Does this sound about right? Just looking for thoughts! Thanks!

Shaman1

Super Active Member
May 13, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Welcome from Oklahoma! The 2 quickest ways to determine the value is to look in NADA & Craig's List. The most important way is to ask if it's worth it to you.

gec66

Super Active Member
Sep 24, 2010
Depends on the local market, but that would be pretty high here in the midwest. We bought our 2004 Bayside, fairly comparable unit, last fall for $6300 and felt we were over paying.

RFryer

Hopkinton, MA
Mar 10, 2009
Hopkinton, MA
Seems a little high. I almost looked at one in NH that seemed to be in good condition (you really never know though until you see it) and they were (maybe still are) asking $5k.

rjniles

Super Active Member
Aug 7, 2009
Georgetown SC
LouieZ said:
Hey all! I am new to the pop up world. I am preparing to buy a 2003 Coleman Niagra tour elite that is in immaculate condition! Looks like it has never been used. Garaged kept by older couple. I am paying $7000. Does this sound about right? Just looking for thoughts! Thanks!

Price seems kind of high. If this has an ABS roof, you had better know what you are getting into.

If you are not aware of the ABS roof issues, do a search on this forum.

RFryer

Hopkinton, MA
Mar 10, 2009
Hopkinton, MA
It may have the alumitite roof, if so be sure to check for any signs of leaking along the front and rear caps. Also, the storage box on those models werer prone to leaks so check the corners of the floor and side walls carefully for swelling or discoloring. Crawl underneath to check the floor also. If this model was garaged though it's probably leak free.

LisaFree

Mar 2, 2011
Yep, I agree, it's a bit high. I looked at a 2003 Niagra last spring when I was trying to find a pup and the guy's non-negotiable price was $5500. It too was in extremely good condition - almost like new.

Chileno

Aug 7, 2011
Hi
I paid for a 2007 Fleetwood Niagara $8.700 FOB, in a ship in Miami last November.
At the end of the year you can buy paying less.
I am in Chile and that is MHO
Regards
René

Alan

Mar 18, 2017
Reno, NV
I'd say it's a very high price. We paid $3,300 for our 2003 Westlake which is like new inside and in good condition on the outside. The Niagra is identical to the Westlake except the Westlake doen't have the slide out. It depends on what other similar campers are going for, in same condition and what you're willing to pay. Just because things look new doesn't make them like new.
Good luck in your search for a nice pop-up.

94-D2

Happy Campin'
May 21, 2010
Sutter Creek CA
I sold my 01 niagara In 2012 for 5k. It was in excellent condition. I think 7 is too high. I think the 4 Range is good unless it is a highwall. But I don't think an 03 is.

Alan

Mar 18, 2017
Reno, NV
Somebody might be though...the water pump switch is under the sink cabinet and is depressed when the sink is up in place. The light next to the door by the fire extinguisher is for the step light, outside, under the door.

Guys, this is a 6 year post by a drive-by poster. Don't think he is still interested!

Should be the water pump switch.

Alan

Mar 18, 2017
Reno, NV
I guess they didn't carry that through to the HW Niagaras'.

It's pretty handy to have...I changed ours out, as well as all other outside marker lights, to leds. We can go for a stroll in the dark and comeback to a lit step that uses very little juice.