2003 Coleman Taos access door.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Wagnfixr, May 24, 2011.

1. Wagnfixr

Wagnfixr New Member

When I bought my pup I noticed the bottom trim piece was missing from the access door. Was planning on rebuilding the door soon anyway, but went out this morning to grab something out of the camper and the door fell on the ground. (rotten wood = loose screws lol) So, I need to rebuild my door ASAP which is no problem except I'd like the factory trim piece for the bottom. If anyone can suggest a good place to locate one, that would be great. I already checked eBay and my local RV dealer. Thanks!

2. Wagnfixr

Wagnfixr New Member

Rebuilt the door today and thought I'd upload some photos of the project. Very easy job. I found a piece of adjustable trim for the bottom and cut it to fit.

Door with trim removed
    [​IMG]

Rotten wood inside door [:(]
    [​IMG]

Lightweight hollow door will soon be 1" thick solid wood [;)]
    [​IMG]

Two 1/2" pieces of plywood cut to fit and glued together and first panel in place
    [​IMG]

Both panels on and waiting for the glue to dry
    [​IMG]

Finished exterior side
    [​IMG]

Finished interior side
    [​IMG]

Hey, it fits!! [:D]
    [​IMG]

3. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

You did one outstanding job on that one. Looks good.

4. Wagnfixr

Wagnfixr New Member

Thank you very much! I'm still hoping to run across the factory piece for the bottom, but this will do for now. I need to add that the screws I put through the hinge side are an inch longer than the factory screws, due to the additional weight of the door. [;)]

5. njcarcieri

njcarcieri New Member

nice work! [:D]

6. marcort

marcort New Member

She looks good! [;)] Time to go camp'n [PUC] [TV]

7. Eddie Cook

Eddie Cook New Member

Where did you find the trim pieces if you don't mind me asking?

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Great Job.......

9. mnebinger

mnebinger Livin' The Dream!

I never did find the bottom trim piece for my '03 Coleman Sedona. I had to rebuild my door also. It looked a lot like your pic. I rebuilt mine as close as stock as I could. I think I used L brackets instead of those wavy connectors.

When I traded it in this month it was still missing the bottom trim.

10. Michigan Sandy

Michigan Sandy New Member

Hi. I just joined this group today as I wanted to discuss and see pictures of the camper door you made. The access door on my 2003 Coleman Sedona fell apart this weekend - the skin fell off somewhere down the road, and when I got home and unlocked the wooden door that was left, it fell off, pretty much destructed; rotten wood. As you know, there is no place to purchase an access door for such an old camper. I am unable to click on your pictures to view. They open in a new tab with the message, "You don't have permission to access /albums/af326/wagnfixr/2003 Coleman Taos/IMG_3371.jpg on this server." SOS! SOS!

11. Michigan Sandy

I would love some details and pictures of the door you made, please! I have a 2003 Coleman Sedona and the door destructed this weekend. Usless without a door. : (

12. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

You're replying to someone who last posted on this thread more than 5 yrs ago and hasn't posted at all in over 2 yrs so it's unlikely you'll get any response. :sad:

13. Michigan Sandy

Darn. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I didn't know if people received emails when someone responsed to their posts.