2004 Fleetwood Taos Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Taking Your Camper Off Road' started by Romedawg, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Romedawg

Romedawg New Member

Just bought a 2004 Taos and was looking for a wiring diagram of the trailer. Any info especially from the inverter out into the trailer would be great. Lights work but I can't get any voltage readings on some of the plugs that aren't used such as under the bench and under the sink. Thanks!

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Your plugs (House style 120 volt) will only work when you are connected to shore power. There is also a GFIC that could be tripped under the dinette usually. There is also a breaker in the converter that controls the 120 volt plugs. Check these first.

The electrical diagram is usually not very helpful and the Taos is a very basic trailer.

3. WingShot

WingShot New Member

First of all, your camper is equipped with a converter, not an inverter. The trailers converter accepts 110/120 VAC while plugged into shore power and provides 110/120 VAC electricity to your outlets and other appliances (AC, fridge). The converter also converts that 110/120 VAC to 12 VDC to power your "cabin" lights, furnace fan, and water pump.

Sooooo...Are you plugged into shore power or going off power from your 12V battery on the trailer? If just off the battery, the lights will work but not the outlets in the camper. We are boondockers and only run off the battery, so no electrical outlets for us while camping.

Alternatively, an inverter works from the other end, inverting a 12VDC power source (battery) to 110VAC. But it is generally not a very efficient way of dealing with power on a pop-up camper.

4. arthuruscg

arthuruscg Active Member

The plugs under the bench and sink are for the gas furnace/heater. The 12V will work if the safety switch is not being activated by the galley. I have a problem with the drain hose keeping the galley sightly off the switch if I don't adjust the hoses. Does your 12V interior lights work? Then the switch is activated. The furnace uses a different circuit then the lights, I think circuit 2. To verify, do a continuity check from the right side of the fuse holder to the Black wire, it should read close to 0 ohms. Or you can add the fuse to see if the circuit is energized, if the circuit is not connected, then it should be caped off coming out of the converter.

This diagram is close to how our trailers are wired, if you obmite the unused items. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=4611

5. Romedawg

Romedawg New Member

Thanks for the responses. The plugs I was talking about are not the 110v duplex outlets but the white modular type connectors under the bench and under the sink that are not connected to anything. I don't have the heater or fridge. I was mainly wondering if I could get 12vdc feeds from any of these when only on battery power. I want to add a 12v cig type socket and maybe 12v USB charge port without having to run a separate feed from the battery.

6. arthuruscg

arthuruscg Active Member

The converter/power center is under the driver's side bench. You can also connect to one of the non used circuits on the power center.

I believe I used the connector under the sink for a 12V outlet and used one of the other circuits for an outlet at the bunk end of the bench.

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

White wires in the plugs should be connected to ground.
    Orange wire is the signal from thermostat, so in your case dead.
    Black wire is red tracer usually to the lp gas detector, usually always live. Same color wire maybe used to feed kill switch.
    Black wire with yellow tracer output wire from kill switch.
    Black wire with green tracer to refrigerator
    Black wire with blue tracer output wire from pump switch to water pump. Switch fed by black wire.
    Black wire with orange tracer fed for porch light.

This may help you to figure out your spare unused plugs. None of these colors are set in stone, but usually a black wire in a factory connector will be hot (when the convertor or battery) is powering the PUP ....or ..... controlled by the galley kill switch. Usually dome lights, water pump, furnace,etc.

Wires going to the trailer plug are
    Green tail and marker lights
    White ground
    Red left turn stop
    Brown right turn stop
    Blue electric brakes
    Black 12 volt connection to TV

8. Romedawg

Romedawg New Member

Great info guys. Should be a big help. Thank you!