2005 fleetwood niagara....used new buy day one..problems

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by riverrattexas, Jul 20, 2016.

1. riverrattexas

riverrattexas Fresh air and open roads

3way dometic only runs on LP gas and not on D/C or A/C like there is no power to unit.And does not get very cold on LP.?----Any thoughts?

Second the stereo (Jensen)will not come on at all.

I also believe that the fresh water pump was working but was viberating the floor turned of and wont come back on.freshwater line from outside wall to tank is broke underneath? [MOD] [MOD] [PU]

2. sespe

sespe Member

I have the same year and model. The fridge never gets very cold on DC, that is the most inefficient. Of course you can check circuit breakers. I was under-impressed with the cooling of the fridge at first. I did the "fridge fan mod" that everybody mentions, putting some air diverters on the back of the fridge and a fan. That, along with a small fan inside the fridge makes it run fine now.

The water pump sits under the dinette. With the dinette extended, you can remove the trim rail screws on the front kick piece and it pulls right off (screws and velcro hold it in place). Then you have easy access to the water pump.

3. sespe

sespe Member

Oh, and I have a thread going about the opposite to your radio problem - my radio keeps turning itself on! The microwave is only held in by 4 screws, and can be easily removed to reach the back of the stereo. I am installing a kill switch so it stops drawing power when boondocking. Maybe a former owner did the same?

4. Harvardroger

Harvardroger If it feels good, do it! If it hurts, Stop!

I did the fridge mod and it helped. Best cooling is using propane. AC is OK but slower for the initial cool down.

The fridge has 5 coldness settings. Once it gets cold we use the 3rd setting. Keeps food cold and still makes ice. We have had occasion where it gets too cold.

Radio wiring is behind the microwave like it was said above. I removed the microwave since we don't use it. That space is used for storage. Also gives us an extra outlet.

The water pump is loud.

Fresh water line does break, but it is pretty easy to replace. You can get replacement hose at an RV store or on line.

5. riverrattexas

i have yet to pull the microwave,the pump i belive is working very quit not as loud as the first time on.i now belive that the fridge is just going bad i will do more investigating.....And i have a quick ? does the 2005 model come with a door for the shower area have seen it on the o6+models and can i find one online........hey and much thanks for all the help thusfar. [MOD]

6. ribs1

ribs1 Member

Hey,
    I have a 2006 Niagara and also do not use the Microwave. I was planning to remove it, but the space doesn't look all that great with the micro removed. Did you do anything to the space? Add trim of any sort?
    Got Pictures?
    Thanks very much.

7. wardog

wardog Member

Hello, we have a 2005 Fleetwood Niagara and yes it does come with a door for the shower.. Our PUs seems to have something in common..our 3-way fridge will run just fine on 120vAC or Propane gas but when we hook it up to our tow vehicle it will not switch over to 12vdc..even when we select the fridge to 12vdc it will show a error code..still haven't figured that issue out yet.. Good luck with your Pop-Up!

8. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

Sorry to hijack your post but I am thinking of removing microwave on my 2010 niagara. Can you post pic of what you did? Thank you so much!

9. sespe

sespe Member

Sorry, was away for a bit. If you see any news about giant smoke columns over southern California, that's probably why I'm not here. I'm home now and will try to post pictures of the big hole available if you remove the microwave.

And as stated above, there is supposed to be a hard door for the bathroom. When torn down, it rides on the dinette with a couple of plastic covers to protect the sharp ends.

10. Harvardroger

I'll see if I can get a photo. The pup is closed up at the moment.

I did nothing fancy. Remove the 4 screws at the corners and it comes right out. My wife took it to her work. It gets more use there.

We put some plastic drawer units in the space where the microwave was. They hold things like toiletries, silverware, some tools, and other odds and ends.

I also went low tech to cover the space when traveling. I just poke the screws that held the microwave through an old towel and secure it in the same holes.

11. sespe

sespe Member

Here's a couple quick shots of the space with the microwave removed. Now that my wife has seen the space, the microwave is staying out. I'll get the wiring up out of the way and make a panel to hide the back of the radio. We hardly use the microwave, so it won't be missed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the bathroom door in storage mode:
    [​IMG]

12. riverrattexas

well it looks as if the bathroom door was an upgrade that the original owners opted out of and for just the shower curtian..on the 2005 niagara....

13. Harvardroger