2006 Fleetwood roof damage

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Danmcnulty13, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Danmcnulty13

Danmcnulty13 New Member

Hello. I am a first-time pop up owner. Recently purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Bayside from Facebook market place. It has a few issues, most notably some water damage to the ceiling. I got it for what I thought is a great deal (I only paid $700 for it and I routinely see similar campers listed for 3k or so), so I was willing to take a chance on it.

The A/C does not work, which is not a huge deal to me, and the previous owner believes that is where the leak originated. I was thinking of just pulling the A/C out completely and putting a window or something in place of the A/C unit if that is an option?

I've attached some pictures of the damage. I am fairly handy but I am also a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so any help/advice/feedback on how to fix this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome from N/W Fl panhandle and congrats on the NTU PUP. One good thing about an older unit is, you have no problem (or thoughts) about "Making it your own"
    There are lots of people on the Portal that have done roof repairs and I am sure they will be more than happy to share their experience with the roof and possible fixes.

3. ClintO

ClintO Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping my leak is coming from the roof rails and not the AC unit.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

If the ac, it might need a new gasket. You can replace the ac with a vent i believe.

5. wimarine

wimarine add me to FB

I have a 04 Westlake and problem came from the seams were the bike track was placed over the seams

6. ClintO

ClintO Member

I am assuming mine is coming from under those bike rails too. I'm going to take those bike rails off, put a Paintable EternaBond down the seams and then paint everything with Dicor Elastomeric 110% sure. And was thinking I might as well replace the AC gasket while I'm at it everything else. We bought this pop up a few months ago and missed all of these water issues when we looked it over. So now that I have the inside all fixed I don't want a risk missing something and having it all go to crap later