2006 Rockwood 1940 crushed sink drain hose.

Sgtyork

Jan 9, 2017
First I want to say thanks for all the information here. Getting my new (to me) camper ready for spring and this site has been great for information.

While checking the safety switch in the galley to see why my 12 volts light would not wok, I noticed that the sink drain hose folds in half with the sink is flipped in the upright position. Also noticed that the drain hose was cracked from bending in half. Before I buy a new hose, what is the fix for this?

Relocated safety switch fixed 12v ligh5t problem. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    977 KB · Views: 24

Sgtyork

Jan 9, 2017
tfischer said:
Looks like too short of a segment. You want something with a larger loop in it, so the hose twists more than it bends.

What about the bracket holding the drain hose? As far as I know the hose is the factory length. With the bracket holding the hose would it be able to twist?

Thanks

rdmullins

Jun 17, 2016
That's an oddball design for sure. We have a (much older) Rockwood and like tfischer said, the drain hose has a lot more play in it so it loops when the galley folds. Anyhow, assuming your replacement would be the same length, an anti-kink spring might do the trick. I've not seen one in an RV setting but I had to put one on our pool a couple of summers ago. Something like this: http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/tubing/anti-kink-spring/6977/knickschutzfeder-einzeln-16mm-100mm-lang-black-nickel?sPartner=googleshoppingusa&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtqHEBRCNrdC6rYq9_oYBEiQAejvRlwx3-y_8tVN6pti_Evt9KCxDV1JMoCKRGECNXN8omIYaApdv8P8HAQ

Sgtyork

Jan 9, 2017
rdmullins said:
That's an oddball design for sure. We have a (much older) Rockwood and like tfischer said, the drain hose has a lot more play in it so it loops when the galley folds. Anyhow, assuming your replacement would be the same length, an anti-kink spring might do the trick. I've not seen one in an RV setting but I had to put one on our pool a couple of summers ago. Something like this: http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/tubing/anti-kink-spring/6977/knickschutzfeder-einzeln-16mm-100mm-lang-black-nickel?sPartner=googleshoppingusa&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtqHEBRCNrdC6rYq9_oYBEiQAejvRlwx3-y_8tVN6pti_Evt9KCxDV1JMoCKRGECNXN8omIYaApdv8P8HAQ

Thanks, I ordered a new hose and will see if a spring would bring the hoes in when flipping the sink over.