2006 Starcraft Pop-up Refrigerator Issue

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by smsallen727, May 7, 2016.

1. smsallen727

smsallen727 New Member

We have an issue with our '06 Starcraft Pop Up and it's refrigerator when we are NOT using electric. Which we commonly don't. It's fine while traveling hours and hours hooked up to the truck. But as soon as it's unhooked from the truck it either freezes everything or goes up to 50 degrees. There doesn't seem to be an in-between. It's run off of propane (if that helps).

2. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

I'm assuming there is a dial to select which cool or cold settings you want. What do you usually choose? I'm not sure, but maybe a fan on the inside and not have it run on the highest cold setting????

Here is a thread similar to your issue.

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=103092.0

3. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

The 50 degrees may be because the propane flame didn't self-light.
    Ours sometimes take several tries, especially if we're changed propane bottles of it's been idle for a while and there may be air in the line.
    Ours has a warning light on the panel to tell us when there's no flame, does yours?

The super-cold, I can only guess, but most triple-standard fridges are much more efficient on propane than 12V or 110v, so you may have to adjust your thermostat when you change fuels.