2006 starcraft travelstar 21sb pre-purchase ?'s

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cmspence, Jul 23, 2019.

1. cmspence

cmspence Member

Good afternoon everyone !! its been a while sense I logged onto the portal,
    after selling my popup years ago. Well times changed my kids are little older. I took them on a few rented cabin trips at jelly stone parks. We had so much fun we wanted to get back into a camper.. I been searching around and all the one's people say are perfect I found rot and soft spots so I passed. getting ready to make a 2 hour trip to see this starcraft 21sb. I been talking to the owner he seems nice enough ,but wanted opinions of my peeps .
    1- the owner says it in perfect condition no soft sports or delamination
    2-always been stored in winter
    3-has not been smoked in
    4-has new tires and wheels are new
    5-no rips or tears in canvas
    by the pictures looks very clean has front rock guard
    6-pictures shows it has the new lever style bed door latches
    --------the listed price is 4950.00 I offered 4k = he said give him another offer. blue book according to him is high 5k to mid 6k.. I was hoping to get it 4500 or less, just making sure if this deal is good, bad or can I do better ?
    thank you
    c

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

You can't rely on blue book unfortunately. Prices are regional and time sensitive. They drop in the fall towards winter, but not as much down south where it stays warmer and has a longer camping season.

If it is clean, well cared for and no issues, and had everything you are looking for I think he is pretty fair on his price. I see several hybrids close to me in that age and size range, and they are in the same price range or higher.

neighbormike likes this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

If it was truly stored indoors and has no rot/ water damage, that sounds like a more than fair price...

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Check the front floor carefully for soft spots or repair. The front bunk on many older hybrids tends to leak. From what I understand, the problem mainly appears on campers that have the screw knob to secure the bunk, not the lever style. I believe that travelstar has the lever style, so you may be ok.

5. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

I have a 2009 Travelstar 21SSB. I love it. Paid 9K for it last year. A 2006 here goes for right at 7K so, the price seems reasonable.

6. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Well.... did you buy it or what?