2007 Evolution E2 Stock CD Stereo Deck Question

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by IdCamper, Oct 2, 2012.

1. IdCamper

IdCamper New Member

I recently purchased a 2007 Fleetwood E2 and I have a question about the stock CD deck. Unfortunately, I didn't get any manuals with the pop up and I can't find anything online regarding the stock deck.

On the face of the deck there is a 3.5mm connection that can be used for auxiliary input. I have used this and understand how it works. Under the deck there are red and white (left and right channel) male RCA plugs hanging down that are simply labeled REAR. What are these for? Are they for auxiliary inputs also? If so can I connect a satellite dock to this and still use the 3.5mm auxiliary input on the face of the deck?

I am afraid to just try it out and see what happens. Any have a manual or know enough about the decks to make an educated guess?

Now that I have thought about it REAR is probably a sub-woofer output. Sound right?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy and safe camping, enjoy have fun. [CP]

3. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

I think you are right, they are for a sub woofer. I don't recall seeing them on mine, but that's my guess.

Welcome from San Diego

4. IdCamper

IdCamper New Member

Thanks for the welcome to the forum and also for the guess about it being a sub woofer output.

5. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

best to access the back of the unit and see where they are connected. Might be a previous owner's mod.

6. IdCamper

IdCamper New Member

Thanks for the advice.

I ended up taking out the deck. I think the RCA were installed by a previous owner. I eliminated the issue buy just installing a new deck. I can't believe how cheap they are these days.

Thanks again.

7. EricElliott 2008 E2

EricElliott 2008 E2 2008 E2 owner

I have a Fleetwood Evolution 2, 2008. I can't seem to find out how to turn off the radio deck. I hit the power button, but the deck is still lit up....My dilemma is I am charging the camper (shore line power) from the house to charge my batteries. Will this small amount of electricity from the radio deck being on affect the charge both my batteries are getting? I would assume so. but again, it's just a small amount of power to the radio.

Anyhow...all recommendations are welcome. I'm a newbie.

Thanks,
    E

8. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

It should not draw enough power to make any difference if it is plugged into shore power. If it has a removable faceplate then just remove it and all the lights will go out.

9. EricElliott 2008 E2

i'll look again...but i did try to remove it to no luck. I was thinking the same thing though...it's not going to drain the battery much (considering it's just the deck, which is not turned on) while i'm plugged in to my shore power.

thanks a lot!

10. EricElliott 2008 E2

Bearman512 - great photos and real nice looking camper! You guys do it right!

11. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

You have a nice E-2 yourself.
    I honestly think that the E series by Coleman/Fleetwood and the RT series by Starcraft are the best built Extreme Duty pups ever built IMHO.

12. EricElliott 2008 E2

You have a nice E-2 yourself.
    I honestly think that the E series by Coleman/Fleetwood and the RT series by Starcraft are the best built Extreme Duty pups ever built IMHO.

Thanks! Yeah, I think both are pretty slick! It's a shame that Fleetwood closed their doors.