2007 fleetwood arcadia furnace - how to turn on

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Debjyoti Das, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Debjyoti Das

Debjyoti Das New Member

Hi,
    Happy to be part of this portal, already got answers to many of the questions and doubts, except this one.

Let me explain our 2007 fleetwood arcadia, so that you can related it to yours. My model has panel at the bottom of living(sofa) area, where I can see these things:
    1. Water heater switch and indicator(red light) - turns on when I turn on the switch.
    2. Brown colored thermostat
    3. Circuit breaker panel
    ------
    Thermostat has:
    1. On Top : A lever(or switch), very hard, it moves very less, I could hear "click" sound when I push left/right though.
    2. On Top: I was expecting another lever to up/down the temperature, I could see temp. indicator, but no lever. Is it missing?
    3. On bottom: I have another lever showing fan speed, which i can push left/right.
    I ensured the propane is on, turn the thermostat's top switch, waited for long time, nothing happens.

2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Do you have power?

I can't answer about the thermostat specifically because I replaced mine with a regular household programmable model. Much better!

A good tip for troubleshooting in an Arcadia is to google Niagara models of the approximate same year. They are almost identical but tons more Niagaras were sold so there is more information on them out there. The other Fleetwood "Highlander" models will be pretty close too, but the Niagara is really close.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Fan speed is not adjustable. That is probably the temp adjustment. Make sure you have power - either shore power or charged battery. Turn propane on and switch thermostat to on. Adjust temperature to above ambient temp. The blower fan should come on, then the burner should ignite.

4. DM27

DM27 New Member

On my Arcadia, the thermostat has a lever on the bottom. Left is lower temp, slide it to the right until blower kicks in and furnace fires up. No on/off besides the temp control that I've found.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Furnace operation .....
    Open valve on propane tank...
    Lite a stove burner ........ to bleed off any air in lines ...

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 8.18.26 AM.png
    The lever at the bottom is the temperature lever ......move all the way to right....
    The lever on top is the on and off ....... hard to move ..... move to ON

The furnace fan will come on ...... and blow cold air (is flushing out the air in the burner) after about 45 sec the furnace will "click" as it is lighting and blow out warm air.
    When the thermoshat stops calling for heat .... the fan again will run to cool off the burner for a little bit.

AS for the water heater......
    I don't know model you have .......but

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 8.31.17 AM.png
    But a control like this for example .......... will turn on the self-lighting circuit of the water heater.....
    The red warning/reset light will glow if the water heater doesn't light.....
    Be sure the propane is on ...... and there is no air in the lines...
    THAT THE WATER HEATER IS FULL OF WATER!!!!!!!! (otherwise you will damage the water heater.). also the water heater lines could be "bypassed". for winterization.

I would suggest copying down both the furnace (under the interior grill) and water heater model numbers. (under the exterior grill) and download the factory owners manuals to read and have on hand.

kitphantom likes this.
  6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.53.58 AM.png

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

8. Debjyoti Das

Debjyoti Das New Member

Wow!!! Just wow...This 'corona' situation took me few days to log back in...Delighted to see these messages.

Thank you @Dingit - with your help I could download the PDF with all parts information from http://colemanpopupparts.com/
    Thank you @neighbormike & @DM27 for useful information

@Raycfe - You got it so perfect, that's the exact same instruments I have, can't wait to try out these, will let you know

Thank you @Raycfe and @WrkrBee - So happy to be part of this portal :smiley:

Take care everyone, be very cautious, this is serious than we had anticipated.

-Deb

Sjm9911 likes this.