2007 Fleetwood Niagara Slide Out

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by ADK_Ben, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ADK_Ben

ADK_Ben ADK_Ben

The last couple of trips we have been noticing that our slide is not maintaining at "level" when it's in the out position. It seems to be tilting downward... not a ton, but noticeable to the eye and certainly noticeable in placing a level on it.

Is there something that I should be looking for... an adjustment, etc. or is this something that should be addressed by the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. my3kids

my3kids New Member

We have an 07 Fleetwood Saratoga which I think has the same size slide-out. The slide-out mechanism doesn't look especially beefy so I could believe that over time it could sag downward. I poked around some awhile back and I didn't notice any adjustments that could be made but I'd ask your dealer just in case.

To prevent the possible sagging in the first place I luckily found Wayne's RV Stabilizer. It comes in 2 different sizes and is wonderfully simple and elegant. It helps bear the load of the slide-out and its occupants. It is easy to setup and the ground underneath doesn't have to be completely level because the stabilizer is self correcting. It packs well and comes with its own carrying bag. I got mine for $40 awhile back. You might want to check it out.

Good luck,
    Ray + my lovely wife + our 3 kids
    07 Fleetwood Saratoga
    08 Nissan Armada

3. eric1514

eric1514 Member

Do you have a picture of your trailer with Wayne's stabilizer attached you could post here?

Thanks,
    Eric

4. my3kids

my3kids New Member

Sorry, I don't but we're going out this weekend for a few days. I'll try to remember to take a few picts of the PUP with the dinette out and of the stabilizer in place.

It also works well enough if the dinette side is also the low side and the BAL leveler is in place.

Ray + lovely wife + our 3 kids
    07 Fleetwood Saratoga
    08 Nissan Armada