2007 Fleetwood niagara, where to get roof rack that fits in that track?

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by wsmith5, Aug 19, 2013.

1. wsmith5

wsmith5 New Member

Hi guys need hepl looking for a roof rack....
    I looked online but could not find a roof rack that fits in the tracks built into the 2007 fleetwood niagara ( Highlander series ) roof.it looks like a slot on both sides of the roof.looking to put 2 bikes on top but dont want to drill any holes in that one piece roof.......Wayne

2. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Both Yakima and Thule make base rack components that will bolt to the roof tracks. The Yakima system requires A set of four control towers, landing pad #1s and two 86" crossbars. This is just the base rack. You then have to purchase the type of bike rakes you want to mount the bikes to the rack. Buying all this new gets pretty pricey. Two online distributers are orsdirect.com or rackattack.com. If you search for jrclocks posts you can find some DIY mounts and ideas for a lot less $$

3. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

4. wsmith5

wsmith5 New Member

Thanks for the reply's....checking now......Wayne

5. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

I lucked out and found the towers and bars locally on Craigslist. I've also found the basket and a few variations of bike holders on CL too. I found almost $1000 retail items for less than half. If you like Craigslist, download a program calld "Craigslist Reader Pro". It will let you search CL across the country or using what ever parameters you set.
    Good luck!

6. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Another thing I did when I was looking for mine, I reached out to people who were selling thier PUPs which had the rack system, seeing if they would sell just the rack.
    Here is a local CL listing for a pup that appears to have (2) sets of towers & bars. Might be worth a try?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/rvs/3954211742.html

7. foxpj

foxpj US Army retired

8. wsmith5

wsmith5 New Member

IVBENS, I wrote a note to Yakima , see what happens...........

9. foxpj

foxpj US Army retired

You can also call they have awasome customer service 888-925-4621!!!!

10. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

OP, do you have the tracks like this?

[​IMG]

Or like this?:

[​IMG]

My 07 Williamsburg had the latter, with the feet closer to the edge. The Thule Bars are available pretty readily, and are exclusively for Fleetwood campers (I bought mine 2 years ago new from Thule), and the feet were also easy to get, I'd have to look at which feet I bought, though.

11. wsmith5

wsmith5 New Member

looks like the bottom one, they are raised up and have 2 slots in them.......Wayne

12. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Are you set on only doing Yakima? The Thule bars for your setup are easily available online, and I will research what the foot kit is. As far as Yakima, I'm not as familiar, but they also should be readily available.

The tracks in the roof are the same as many factory OEM roof tracks in SUVs.

13. wsmith5

wsmith5 New Member

no not set on any one company, looking to find something I can put 2 bikes on and or my 16 gal blue waste tank...........Wayne

14. COdreaming

COdreaming New Member

Oooooo I REALLY like the basket/bike combo. Great place to put my empty totes! I'll have to look into that!

15. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Here is what I had on my 07 Williamsburg:
    Thule bars, Yakima Load Warrior (with added extension), and 2 Thule bike trays.

I had the Tracker II Footpack, Thule TK1 Tracker Kit, and the Thule 96"load bars. Same setup shown here, however I'd recommend you buy the items on Craigslist or ebay, used, as it adds up quick if you buy it all new.
    http://www.orsracksdirect.com/fleetwood-pop-up-camper-roof-rack.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]