2007 Jayco J-Trax 801

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Jon238, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Jon238

Jon238 New Member

I just picked up a nice example of a clean 2007 Jayco J-Trax. The pup needs little in the realm of restoration, but there are a few things I will be tackling soon. I thought I would create a thread to document my journey, and to get some feedback/ideas from the community.

So, I know, pictures :)

[​IMG]
    Here she is the day we got her home.
    [​IMG]
    One of the things we really liked about the J-Trax was the more modern design. I don't know who decided campers need floral interiors, but I personally think they are hideous. Where I would have probably picked other colors besides black and yellow, I am digging the more modern look. Which is why the first thing I will do to this camper is paint that hideous furnace cover.

[​IMG]

Which I have already started. Whoever thought it would be ok to have it that old brownish yellow needs a smack. It looked like something out of the 80's compared to the rest of the interior. I decided to go with a black to contrast the white cabinets.

Next steps for the pup is replacing all the old running lights on the outside. Most of them, as you can see, are missing the covers. Fairly common in older trailers I believe. I placed an order for all new LED lights which should be in the beginning of April.

The only major thing that will be added is a roof top AC. Most of the places we go camping are in the South. I don't know about you guys but I like to have AC to retreat into if the weather gets too hot. I have called several dealers in my area and looks like I can have a 13500 BTU unit installed and out the door for $600. Pricing amazed me considering most units costs above $600 alone. This specific dealer is a small mom and pop shop is the only reason I am guessing they have better prices. Camping World was wanting right under $1000.

That's about all I got for today. I am also looking into a TV setup and a radio install, so if anyone has any tips or ideas I would love to hear them!

-Jon

jnc and MattF350 like this.
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I will never understand why they always put the furnace next to the fridge?

Hytower likes this.
  3. Jon238

Jon238 New Member

I never thought about it until now but that is an odd placement lol. Although in this pup they didn't have much of an option. If I had it my way I wouldn't even have it at all. We seldom camp when heat is required and if we do we always use electric heaters anyway.

4. Jon238

Jon238 New Member

So, I finished painting that god awful furnace cover. I think it brought it back into the 2000's.
    [​IMG]
    After looking at this picture I just noticed how excessively large those door handles look.......might be the next to go lol.

My new running lights came in yesterday from superbrightleds.com. I highly recommend these guys. They have fast shipping and their products are top notch.
    [​IMG]

You may be wondering why there is a drill on the ground, that is because I learned a valuable lesson. So, obviously, I knew the power and ground wires for the trailer lights would start and end somewhere. I just didn't seem to care because I started with the light you see on the far left. Wasn't no big deal until I got the front right light and realized I didn't have enough slack to get to the quick connects, so I took off the bottom right light. Doing so I see that there is plenty of extra wire at this light because its the end of the run. It's just not able to be pulled forward because the wires run through the support at the corner of the box via a tiny whole the connectors would not pass through. I clip off the connectors and without thinking pull the wires up into the body of the pup. Took me 2 hours to fish both wires back through that corner. Never will I make that mistake again!

jnc likes this.
  5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

On mine the fridge and furnace are on opposite ends of a 12' box. Ends up with a really warm bunk on one end and a really cold one on the other.

jnc likes this.
  6. NurseJill

NurseJill New Member

I know I'm late in replying to this thread, but we picked up our NTU 2007 J/Trax this afternoon. Can't wait for the inaugural camping trip with it!